Little es help (one liner)[SOLVED]

General discussion for off-topic subjects.
hugo5511

Little es help (one liner)[SOLVED]

Postby hugo5511 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:22 pm

On my server cfg folder i have another folder named "events" inside i have two "events" player_spawn , and player_connect these two give weapons
and info to players on connect and spawn, what i would like to do is add a another one player_death This would play the sound (the csgo bell1 sound) one to the attacker on the other players death i do remember some issues with using es_playsound or es_emitsound one worked better than the other or did not work at all. This is for hldms (hl1mp) hl2mp brother. Thanks.
Last edited by hugo5511 on Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
hugo5511

Re: Little es help (one liner)

Postby hugo5511 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:57 am

Kinda bummed most Admin's here have cut their teeth on scripting with Eventscripts,I didn't think asking for a basic code snip would be a big deal. I would more than gladly switch my server over to Source Python but i have had problems getting even the basic scripts converted over.But i did get help with the very first post here on script requests for BMS. Someone has killed the plugin requests with taking it over with ES>Python conversions. I got this bit from one of the first popular scripts Quake sounds works perfect.Sorry to bothered anyone here with this boring es question.

es_playsound event_var(attacker) bell1.wav 1.0

Return to “Whatever”