This plugin adds damage numbers / combat text commonly seen in RPG games to your server. The numbers can only be seen by the player who did the damage.
Currently it only works in CS:GO, as that's the only game with the point_worldtext entity. I'm looking into using different methods (env_sprite, point_message) for creating the numbers in other games.
How to install:
- Install Source.Python.
- Download the latest release of Floating Damage Numbers from the bottom of this post or GitHub.
- Extract the files into your game server's root folder (../csgo/).
- Add sp plugin load fdn to your autoexec file (../csgo/cfg/autoexec.cfg).
- Restart your server.
If you find any bugs or have a feature request, don't hesitate to make a post here or on GitHub.
- Improved the performance of the SetTransmit hook a bit.
- Added a way to display damage done through walls.
Set fdn_wall_bangs to 1 through the server console or the config file (..csgo/cfg/source-python/fdn/) in order to enable this feature.
- Added a way for other plugins to change the color of the FloatingNumber to yellow.
Use the AIRBOAT damage type within the OnTakeDamage/OnTakeDamage_Alive hook or the Entity.take_damage() function to force the color change.
- Fixed a bug that caused more than one decoy to spawn when calling FloatingNumber.world_damage().
- Fixed incorrect angles being set for FloatingNumber entities without a decoy.
- Added a way to display damage caused by the world.
Set fdn_world_damage to 1 through the server console or the config file (..csgo/cfg/source-python/fdn/) in order to enable this feature.
- Initial release of the plugin.