All SP Offsets outdated after CS:GO update

All other Source.Python topics and issues.
velocity

All SP Offsets outdated after CS:GO update

Postby velocity » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:17 pm

The title says it, all tho SourcePython does load, but nothing is working, I think ALL offsets are outdated, at least for Linux.

Edit:
I tried to adjusting some of the offsets myself, but it didn't have an effect, hm
CaptainVselennaya

Re: All SP Offsets outdated after CS:GO update

Postby CaptainVselennaya » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:23 am

+. Half of plugins do not work correctly :((
Ayuto
Project Leader

Postby Ayuto » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:01 pm

I just updated most of the data. Though, there are still some updates missing (marked as TODO):
https://github.com/Source-Python-Dev-Te ... 83834972b5

As for give_named_item, it wasn't just a data update. So, I recommend to run sp update.
velocity

Postby velocity » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:49 pm

Is there any ETA on when the other offsets will be updated? I know that clan tag offset changes literally all the time, because of small updates from Valve, but some of the others rarely change and it would be great if those could be updated too. I can see that the approach right now is update-when-requested-by-someone, but it would be cool if most of them work, so you can mess around with them. If they don't work you always try to find alternatives before the need to request offsets from the forum, but I feel like it would be good for SP and awesome if they all worked.

Personally, I would not mind updating them myself, but I don't "really" know how to find signatures and offsets, if someone could make an in-depth tutorial how to do it, I will update the offsets myself, if not, please update them ;)

And I know SourceMod has one, but it is not working properly for me.
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:20 pm

Most of the others have been updated this morning. There are only a few TODOs remaining.

https://github.com/Source-Python-Dev-Te ... f...master
Ayuto
Project Leader

Postby Ayuto » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:48 pm

velocity wrote:Is there any ETA on when the other offsets will be updated? I know that clan tag offset changes literally all the time, because of small updates from Valve, but some of the others rarely change and it would be great if those could be updated too. I can see that the approach right now is update-when-requested-by-someone, but it would be cool if most of them work, so you can mess around with them. If they don't work you always try to find alternatives before the need to request offsets from the forum, but I feel like it would be good for SP and awesome if they all worked.

I think you might forgot this is a non-profit project and all of us are volunteers. We do have jobs, family, friends, etc. and updating the data isn't done in 5 minutes. I would have had the time today to update everything, but after a week full of work and other stuff, I would also like to just sit down and enjoy my free time.
velocity

Postby velocity » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:30 pm

I'm not forgetting that. I appreciate all the work you guys are doing else I would NOT be here. I thank you guys so much for bringing python into Valve games and I apologize if my post seemed offensive in any way. Let us just get that straight.

Now, when I post something like that is to create feedback for you guys, letting you know that people actively are using SourcePython (at least I am) if nobody posted anything there would be no reason to continue. And when I write that I would like to do it myself I really want to help out! I just don't know how yet!

# Edit:
I didn't see they got updated this morning (I kinda didn't expect that to happen), that is great work! Thank you!

Now that we are on it :D
I also want to thank 100x L'In20Cible for implementing CEventActions, just like that, that is cool!
Speed0x

Postby Speed0x » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:36 am

hey ayuto, have you used this project ever in a resume or sthn akin? does this project interest you? then you are still free to call the entire project a non-profit, but it is still profitable to you, personally. ( no matter if you think you deserve more in return - i actually think the opposite is true )
not that i care about it, but then i wonder why you become so defensive. then, any contribution of other project members working with the framework are also supporting you and your own interest. the community is dependend on the project leaders as it is vice versa. so why did you become a project leader? i would have contributed financially to the poject, if that was ever needed or said by you.

i remember when i worked with this project, i ended up not releasing my work in the end, as the result of the negligible interest of project "leaders" in my community contributions and efforts. also aiming at personal attacks when asking questions ( focussing on a specific "wrong" word i used, acting as if it only had one meaning or meant something else than whats obvious in context ) also often attacking my approach, and trying to offer me a different solution, than i actually needed. and mostly misreading what my actual problem or goal was. ( which i admit, can include my own mistakes, CAN ) but it almost never helped. sometimes causing me more problems than if i kept away from the forum.

which i always thought was cheap, but i tried responding and explaining myself honestly anyway, although it was very discouraging to me and wasting my time.

but my work depended on the dialogue, although i worked out most stuff on my own. i mean, the only person i felt had a non-profit spirit was satoon. and i think he was "actually" busy during all the time, i wouldn't be surprised if he started the project. but i could be wrong. yet he still took the time and answered honest and nicely. you and lincible were always in this for some other reasons. maybe your own growing up, learning, job, boredom, usage in a resume or w/e....

i think overall its just better to STATE THAT somewhere, like : "we are the project leaders, but dont ask project expanding questions or give us tasks. you can report problems in the current system, and help us grow this project, but we take as much time and effort as we need to implement. we will only fix issues that we agree on and we will take our time to do so."

put it on the top of the startpage. so everybody can read it....if they want to join. this is not an attack on any person of you, just the current process. it will help new people to have transparency like that. e.g. knowing this would have benefited me biiig time... if i had known this beforehand.

anyway i look up to what you guys have done in this project and in the past. ( regardless where your motivation came from ) i always want to focus on the positive, and to me expressing criticism is the natural response to give after being thankful. so i hope what i say is understood constructively. i also have had help here, or what seemed to be efforts of honest help. i don't deny that at all. even sometimes got a reply on a pm i wrote, but it really was less than i thought it could have been. anyway, sorry for the quite long text here.. i really just typed out what my thoughts were.. anyway, good luck for the future to you guys
Ayuto
Project Leader

Postby Ayuto » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:24 pm

No, I have never used this project in a resume or something similar. And of course this project interests me. That should be clear when looking at the effort I put into this project. But that doesn't tell anything about the type of the project. Non-profit means that your primary goal isn't making money. So, you could actually make money and still call your project/organization non-profit as long as it's not your primary goal. However, in our case it's not our goal at all. We are not making money with Source.Python and all costs for the infrastructure are payed out of our own pocket. Source.Python is a hobby I do in my free time and if my free time is very limited I have to decide whether I want to spend my time on Source.Python or something different. Though, I often prioritize Source.Python if an urgent update is required even though I might not be motivated or already have different plans. I hope this makes it understandable if anyone of us says from time to time "No Source.Python today. I'm spending my time on different things.".

Thank you for your feedback! I take note of it, but I would like to say a few words on the attacking part, which you seem to have misconstrued. We didn't attack you or your approaches. We were trying to figure out what you were actually trying to do, because only then we are able to help you. We obviously had a communication problem, which is also know as the XY Problem. This makes it hard to help someone and get help by someone. It also wasn't only discouraging for you, but also frustrating for me and I guess for Satoon and L'In20Cible as well.
I don't know if you plan to continue using Source.Python, but if you do, I hope we don't have these issues in the future.

Return to “General Discussion”