Failed to load addons/source-python

All other Source.Python topics and issues.
dragonbytes

Failed to load addons/source-python

Postby dragonbytes » Sat May 07, 2016 9:12 pm

Hello, My first post i'm sorry if there are duplicated threads i did search the forums but for some reason i'm getting 404 Not Found for Some threads i dont know why..

Source Python doesnt load to me as seen here output.

Linux 64 Kubuntu 16.04
Ayuto
Project Leader

Re: Failed to load addons/source-python

Postby Ayuto » Sat May 07, 2016 10:51 pm

Seems like you didn't grant write permissions to the logs directory.
dragonbytes

Postby dragonbytes » Sun May 08, 2016 12:18 pm

Thanks, indeed it was a permission error.
dragonbytes

Postby dragonbytes » Wed May 11, 2016 10:54 pm

One problem again. I have rented a server and I installed source python on it. its not working No errors or logs. what could be wrong?

This is the steps i followed..

Click on Builds
click on source-python-csgo etc zip download extract
Place 5 folders in csgo directory

Linux OS
Ayuto
Project Leader

Postby Ayuto » Thu May 12, 2016 6:35 am

There is always a log. Please add -condebug to your start options and post the resulting console.log.
dragonbytes

Postby dragonbytes » Thu May 12, 2016 9:53 am

[SP-LOADER] Could not load library: bin/core.so
[SP-LOADER] Error Reported: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.17' not found (required by /games/ni856378_1/ftproot/csgo/csgo/addons/source-python/bin/core.so)
=========================================================================
Failed to load plugin "addons/source-python"

https://github.com/Source-Python-Dev-Te ... issues/115

No luck, any idea's?
La Muerte
Administrator

Postby La Muerte » Thu May 12, 2016 4:31 pm

Hello dragonbytes, I have the same issue. This is a known issue and it happens because Source.Python is being compiled against GLIBC version 2.17 which is only available on RHEL 7 or higher where as most of the server hosts still use RHEL 6 (arguably for good reasons) and are not planning on upgrading until RHEL 8 is being released. It is likely that we will have to custom compile Source.Python against GLIBC 2.12 for the time being until this issue gets resolved. I'm going to try and do a custom compile during this weekend. If you host your own servers you could also try to start using e.g. Centos 7 which ships with GLIBC 2.17 by default. I was planning on doing that myself at first but since you and other users are facing the same issue, I guess there isn't much of a choice but to get it to work for the by far most distributed version of RHEL.
dragonbytes

Postby dragonbytes » Thu May 12, 2016 6:05 pm

Thank you for the info, Correct me if i am wrong. Source Python needs to be compiled with the GLIBC library version 2.17. this library version 2.17 is currently only available in Centos7 or RHEL 7 or RHEL8. Most server hosts still use RHEL 6 for their servers after RHEL 8 is out they will most certainly upgrade to 7 which GLIBC version 2.17 is included and which is necessary to compile source python and load core.so library successfully

Eitherway we have 2 choices for people that rented a server..
We try compiling source python with GLIBC 2.12 and make it work.
or wait until server host upgrades their systems if rhel 8 comes out. which could be months or a year
ask them to upgrade to glibc2.17

BTW not really related to this post or forums but If i run my dedicated server at home iMac 27 late 2013 run it on linux should i be worried about its going to be dead after a long period?

English isn't my main language but i'm learning it.(Dutch guy)
Ayuto
Project Leader

Postby Ayuto » Thu May 12, 2016 7:44 pm

There are plans to compile Source.Python with an older GLIBC version. I have asked necavi to setup another VM with an older GLIBC version for our buildbot. As soon as that has been finished the issue should be eliminated.
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:05 pm

Sorry to necro, but I purchased a GameServers.com server to run GunGame on, and I am having this issue. Did we get anywhere with this? I don't see it anywhere on the buildbot, so I imagine the answer is no.
dragonbytes

Postby dragonbytes » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:06 pm

satoon101 wrote:Sorry to necro, but I purchased a GameServers.com server to run GunGame on, and I am having this issue. Did we get anywhere with this? I don't see it anywhere on the buildbot, so I imagine the answer is no.

Can you be specific, What distro name and version and error? I cant promise that i'm helpful but i can try.

Other folks can help much better i'm not that experienced with computers so imo it would be better to ask them.
Ayuto
Project Leader

Postby Ayuto » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:58 pm

Well, the additional VM exists, but I have stopped working on it, because I was running into several errors which weren't easy to fix. Also, it's generally not a good idea to change the required glibc version SP gets compiled with due to bugs and security issues in those old versions.
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:02 pm

Ayuto wrote:Also, it's generally not a good idea to change the required glibc version SP gets compiled with due to bugs and security issues in those old versions.

I agree 100%, but unfortunately, I cannot run SP on a GameServers.com server without doing so. I'll work on building it myself tonight, just to get it working for the GunGame test server.
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:22 pm

Well, unfortunately, I had many issues trying to get this working on the GameServers.com server. I realized that even if I figured it out, I would still have to do a lot of extra, unnecessary work each time SP is updated to get the new version on the server. So, instead, I reached out to their support to see if they could upgrade the server to get this all working. They were quick to reply and escalated the ticket after each failed attempt. But, in the end, we were unable to resolve the issue and they gave me a full refund.

Having said all of that, does anyone know of any game server providers where SP works?
iPlayer
Developer

Postby iPlayer » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:22 am

What about VDS? You can set up everything on your own there.
Image /id/its_iPlayer
My plugins: Map Cycle • Killstreaker • DeadChat • Infinite Jumping • TripMines • AdPurge • Bot Damage • PLRBots • Entity AntiSpam

Hail, Companion. [...] Hands to yourself, sneak thief. Image
botmaster

Postby botmaster » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:18 pm

Sorry to revive a slightly old thread but after terminating the conversion of my engine (running on my local machine) I realized that my hosting company would not support SP at all for a CSS game and looking through different forums it looks like finding a hosting company capable of running SP for CSS won't be easy. Mistake on my part for sure, now 2 questions:
1. Does anyone have links to hosting companies that DO run SP with a CSS install.
2. Should I give up on SP at least for CSS and is this problem similar with CSGO?
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:32 am

I have had success with both https://eoreality.net and https://www.nfoservers.com for CS:S. I have not attempted to create a CS:GO server.
L'In20Cible
Project Leader

Postby L'In20Cible » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:41 am

botmaster wrote:Sorry to revive a slightly old thread but after terminating the conversion of my engine (running on my local machine) I realized that my hosting company would not support SP at all for a CSS game and looking through different forums it looks like finding a hosting company capable of running SP for CSS won't be easy.

What company? And why is SP not supported by them? Any specific errors or something? Some installation might not support SP (e.g. missing redistributables on Windows, or 32 bits libs on Linux) but if you contact their support they should be able to install them for you in most cases.
botmaster

Postby botmaster » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:25 am

I'm having the same problem described here ( glibc2.17) and I'm hosted by gameservers which is described here as one of the servers that can't offer any solution. I'd love to fill a ticket with them but what are my chances at this point?
botmaster

Postby botmaster » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:08 pm

They said it's possible but they have to move me to new hardware which means new IP which is annoying. I'll let you know if they pull it off.

Return to “General Discussion”