Problem installing

All other Source.Python topics and issues.
UnityKinG

Problem installing

Postby UnityKinG » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:39 am

Whatup,

So I've got a small problem installing source-python to my server, the thing is I am running multiple servers on one platform and the server I am trying to install python to has "addons-xxx" directory and not "addons" (I can't change it). And when I fully upload files to the server and restart it - nothing happens, plugins_print doesn't show anything. I think that it's just not being loaded because of the other addons directory, is there a config that I can add to my startup file so that it would recognize where the source-python is located?

Game: CS:GO

I have never worked with source-python, I did work with EventScripts but that was a long time ago.
L'In20Cible
Project Leader

Re: Problem installing

Postby L'In20Cible » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:43 am

Hey, welcome to the forums. Try to change the path into the source-python.vdf file.
UnityKinG

Postby UnityKinG » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:49 am

Thanks for the asnwer! Changed it, restarted, still nothing :/ Any other ideas?
L'In20Cible
Project Leader

Postby L'In20Cible » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:54 am

I'd says that the server itself is unable to read that folder/or have no idea of its existence (is the path symlinked?). Try adding the following to your autoexec.cfg:

Code: Select all

plugin_load "addons-xxx/source-python"
L'In20Cible
Project Leader

Postby L'In20Cible » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:02 am

You will also need to replace the "addons" occurrences to "addons-xxx" into the paths.py file (line 44 and 47).
UnityKinG

Postby UnityKinG » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:39 am

Ok so I've done what you've told and now whenever I try to plugin_load it manually it says the following: "[SP-LOADER] Could not load library: Python3/plat-linux/libpython3.6m.so.1.0
"

I've installed the newest python and still the same.
L'In20Cible
Project Leader

Postby L'In20Cible » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:53 am

Yeah, the paths are also hard-coded in the binaries, so you will need to re-compile them. To build Source.Python, check out the following tutorial. You will need to replace the paths into the following files. Why can't you use the default addons folder?
iPlayer
Developer

Postby iPlayer » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:19 pm

I am running multiple servers on one platform and the server I am trying to install python to has "addons-xxx" directory and not "addons" (I can't change it)

Few other points:

1. Source.Python doesn't auto-load all plugins from its folder, so you can put everything into a single "addons" folder (with a single Source.Python distribution) and then just load different plugins for different server instances by providing different autoexec.cfg files (it implies you should be able to change your "addons" folder - I don't know why you can't do this, could you elaborate a bit more?)

2. You won't be able to configure different auth unless you create two separate "cfg" folders and reflect that in path.py
Image /id/its_iPlayer
My plugins: Map Cycle • Killstreaker • DeadChat • Infinite Jumping • TripMines • AdPurge • Bot Damage • PLRBots • Entity AntiSpam

Hail, Companion. [...] Hands to yourself, sneak thief. Image

Return to “General Discussion”