Whats going on?

General discussion for off-topic subjects.
tnarocks

Whats going on?

Postby tnarocks » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:22 pm

So whats been going on with Source Python? I have not seen any new posts on site in long time and have not seen any new comments on the download site. Maybe you all have got busy and don't have time right now to do anything. Just wondering. To keep the community updated. That's all.
Ayuto
Project Leader

Postby Ayuto » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:31 pm

Yeah, everyone is busy, lost the interest in this project or is unmotivated to continue the development.
Omega_K2

Postby Omega_K2 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:10 am

tnarocks wrote:So whats been going on with Source Python? I have not seen any new posts on site in long time and have not seen any new comments on the download site. Maybe you all have got busy and don't have time right now to do anything. Just wondering. To keep the community updated. That's all.

If you want sightly more usability you could still use my library (and maybe my fork SP). At least it provides a way to create popups and some other stuff.

But yeah, too bad this isn't going anywhere, though to be fair, CS:GO turned out to be quite garbage sadly, but it still has potential on the "old" games, like css or tf2, though you might just want to use ES in that case - but still SP does a lot of things prettier/better imho (but still lacks the development stage of being somewhat feature complete).

Maybe it finishes some time in the future.
Libraries: k2tools
Plugins (any): GSRPG (soon) | Pretty Status List | MySQLAds (soon)
Plugins (game-specific): None atm

If you happen to find a bug or need help, either post in the release threads or contact me in IRC gamesurge.net:6667 / #sourcepython
mister-man

Postby mister-man » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:56 pm

But the main question is: Is SP dead?

For a few month I started development of a mod in SP, but after a few weeks I stopped it, because the project seems dead.
I thing there isn't a benefit to develop a third mod platform for old games. And yes, sp seems better than es, but for server owners only counts the avaliable mods and the support. Personally I search for a platform that support css, go, tf2 etc.

I hope the development isn't dead or restarts as a platform for old and new games. And for server owners, there is need for a working autobuilding service. Personally I can compile a version of sp, but the most server owners can't. After that they choose sm :-(
If there is a autobuilder we need some basic mods like adverts, admin, .......
----------

Community of Gamers --> http://c-o-g.de
Absolute

Postby Absolute » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:27 am

Omega_K2 wrote:If you want sightly more usability you could still use my library (and maybe my fork SP). At least it provides a way to create popups and some other stuff.

But yeah, too bad this isn't going anywhere, though to be fair, CS:GO turned out to be quite garbage sadly, but it still has potential on the "old" games, like css or tf2, though you might just want to use ES in that case - but still SP does a lot of things prettier/better imho (but still lacks the development stage of being somewhat feature complete).

Maybe it finishes some time in the future.

I don't think CS:GO is dead. It is the biggest counterstrike ever. But it's true that the custom servers are less.
Omega_K2

Postby Omega_K2 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:28 pm

Absolute wrote:I don't think CS:GO is dead. It is the biggest counterstrike ever. But it's true that the custom servers are less.

I didn't say it's dead. Also CS/CSS both had much more players at their prime times. But the problem is only MM is played, which ruins custom servers completly. Plus they done many things that are intrusive to mods, so modding on css is still more viaable.
Libraries: k2tools

Plugins (any): GSRPG (soon) | Pretty Status List | MySQLAds (soon)

Plugins (game-specific): None atm

If you happen to find a bug or need help, either post in the release threads or contact me in IRC gamesurge.net:6667 / #sourcepython
Absolute

Postby Absolute » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:21 am

Did CS:S ever pass the 100k mark?
Woody
Global Moderator

Postby Woody » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:39 am

Absolute wrote:Did CS:S ever pass the 100k mark?

Yeah it far surpassed the 100K mark from 2006-2009. It's been slowly dying out.

http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&appid=240&from=0

Return to “Whatever”