Battlefield question

General discussion for off-topic subjects.
Tuck
Global Moderator

Battlefield question

Postby Tuck » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:17 am

Have anyone tried creating a addon/mod/script for battlefield?

Was just thinking about doing something for battlefield 4 since it will beat the popularity of csgo by miles.

Thank you, in advance.
-Tuck
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:05 pm

From what I remember, BF3 (and most likely BF4) aren't exactly mod friendly. Even having your own server, there isn't much you can do with it other than just choose map rotations. I'm not sure how much, or even if you can, truly create a server side mod for it, unfortunately.

I could be wrong, and please someone correct me if I am.

Satoon
Tuck
Global Moderator

Postby Tuck » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:07 am

satoon101 wrote:From what I remember, BF3 (and most likely BF4) aren't exactly mod friendly. Even having your own server, there isn't much you can do with it other than just choose map rotations. I'm not sure how much, or even if you can, truly create a server side mod for it, unfortunately.

I could be wrong, and please someone correct me if I am.

Satoon

i was just wondering since i know some servers had a team kill "mod" (i think) where u could write !punish in chat to punish a teammate for killing you
-Tuck
your-name-here
Developer

Postby your-name-here » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:54 am

Battlefield 3 does not have dedicated servers; they only allow approved providers to have the server files, not the community at large. The script you saw most likely listened for log file events that say "X teamkilled Y" and then sent an rcon command to the server to kill the offender.
Tuck
Global Moderator

Postby Tuck » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:48 am

your-name-here wrote:Battlefield 3 does not have dedicated servers; they only allow approved providers to have the server files, not the community at large. The script you saw most likely listened for log file events that say "X teamkilled Y" and then sent an rcon command to the server to kill the offender.

Ah, that explains a lot. Thanks :)
-Tuck

Return to “Whatever”