SRCDS Host_Error

General discussion for off-topic subjects.
D3CEPTION

SRCDS Host_Error

Postby D3CEPTION » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:35 am

when i try to join my server im getting disconnected. this is the error:

Code: Select all

Host_Error: CL_ReadPreserveEnt: u.m_nNewEntity == MAX_EDICTS
Last edited by D3CEPTION on Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
D3CEPTION

Re: SRCDS Host_Error

Postby D3CEPTION » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:16 am

error ist not sp or server related.
Last edited by D3CEPTION on Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
L'In20Cible
Project Leader

Postby L'In20Cible » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:08 pm

Did you try reinstalling the server?
D3CEPTION

Postby D3CEPTION » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:45 am

is there anyone who doesnt get this error? ( on windows )
D3CEPTION

Postby D3CEPTION » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:44 am

bumpy bump
L'In20Cible
Project Leader

Postby L'In20Cible » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:34 am

Bumping a thread being already the most recent is kinda... useless. :p
D3CEPTION

Postby D3CEPTION » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:56 am

i wasnt sure if im the one reponsible for the 120 topic hits :P
D3CEPTION

Postby D3CEPTION » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:57 am

what would you say why noone is helping?
L'In20Cible
Project Leader

Postby L'In20Cible » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:06 am

D3CEPTION wrote:what would you say why noone is helping?

Maybe cause you are making it really hard to help you? You delete all your posts and/or edit them removing all the information with reason "del post" or "nvm". I personally don't have this issue. And as long as you won't try on a fresh install, without any plugin installed, you won't be able to progress solving this issue.
D3CEPTION

Postby D3CEPTION » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:09 am

thats what i thought too, thats why i deleted my "Long" post after 2 days of not getting help. then i only tried to ask a short and simple question: "is anyone able to run his server on windows". but not even then i get a reply :D so i thought there might be another reason why noone is replying...

btw i have tested to reinstall the server, the client, used 4 different pcs, ip and 3 different steam accounts. the error keeps coming up. if at least id know that linux is running completly error free, i would be able to keep using sp.
D3CEPTION

Postby D3CEPTION » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:34 pm

well except messing up my computer by almost reinstalling everything on my computer/server etc now, to get ready to receive the first meaningful sentence from other serverdevs here in the forum, against my own opinion, im now really at an end of looking into this . when trolls post into this forum everybody jumps onto it giving lifelong answers, while i get pm's of how much money one would make, yet having time to answer exactly these trolls, being useless, and having no time looking into minor things i ask for or want to discuss. i dont even want to know where this income of 500+ daily is coming/started off from. but off story. yet when i portray a real problem, where a helping, non-criminal personality could be shown, one that, if there were any serverdevs, would be important to get solved, the same people seem to play hide or have other personal issues against me to not help, but attack me for asking wrongly or calling my behaviour unprogressive although themself, only offering unprogressive, unprofessional even, advise.

to portray the costs of this bug, the client gets disconnected ca. every second script reload. ( everytime the server is slightly dropping frames/hibernating). client spamming esc much disconnects too. (client lags in esc menu, server runs on the same system) i dont know the exact corelation of client/server for this problem, otherwise i could fix it, but there is no way to write scripts for sp or anything under these conditions when having this bug. and after 5 days of constantly encountering this, without a single help, but constant disconnects, im pretty done.

although google should be enough source for everyone here to get their own info on this bug, i want to share this post by valve that seemed to have fixed this exact bug in tf2 a while ago..

http://www.steampowered.com/platform/update_history/index.php?id=440
November 18, 2016 patch has been made available with this item:
Fixed an occasional client crash with an error message regarding "CL_ReadPreserveEnt"

if there is a way to look into this tf2s update changes there might be a clue on how to do some magic avoiding it in csgo too but i kinda started to doubt it especially due to help limitations in general by people here. otherwise i for my part dont really know how to proceed with this issue and probably have to stop using sp again for now due to the lack of communcation and effort.. ( i already couldnt work on sp/the server during the past months due to this bug and already wrote a pm to one of the project leaders earlier too, but also didnt get a reply )
Ayuto
Project Leader

Postby Ayuto » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:17 pm

You are blaming others for not helping you. I guess now everybody is going to help you... logic? :confused:

Btw. when I last checked this thread, you were providing a workaround. Then, on the 16th you obviously noticed that it didn't work and edited all your posts.

D3CEPTION wrote:although google should be enough source for everyone here to get their own info on this bug, i want to share this post by valve that seemed to have fixed this exact bug in tf2 a while ago..

No! You are the one who is asking for help, so you should provide all the relevant information you found. This helps others to help you.

Have you every thought about other reasons for not getting answers beside others having personal issues against you?
D3CEPTION

Postby D3CEPTION » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:34 pm

but your entire post is missing/misinterpreting what i said... confirms what i assumed about personal issues above??.. :D

to confront your first attack. my goal is not to play the blame card like you submit. didnt my posts mainly describe a technical issue and how it made it impossible for me to use sp since, especially the past days? i even pmed you about the exact error, as i thought as a dev you would be aware of a common current error. and since you and lincible both didnt seem to be that, i thought the people on google are the ones who are off, and its not a common error on valves end, like you two indicated. and therefor i, as the user then spend days of time finding the error on my end, while nothing could be found or fixed. so yeah i do feel like editing my post and reporting back from my errorsearching a lot. (it seems rather shizophrenic to then blame me after you two indicated just that ? :D)

so instead of rejecting my critique playing the blame victim, that i never even attacked you with, how about you look into the error, whenever you find time, and report back factually.
L'In20Cible
Project Leader

Postby L'In20Cible » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:16 pm

D3CEPTION wrote:well except messing up my computer by almost reinstalling everything on my computer/server etc now, to get ready to receive the first meaningful sentence from other serverdevs here in the forum, against my own opinion, im now really at an end of looking into this . when trolls post into this forum everybody jumps onto it giving lifelong answers, while i get pm's of how much money one would make, yet having time to answer exactly these trolls, being useless, and having no time looking into minor things i ask for or want to discuss. i dont even want to know where this income of 500+ daily is coming/started off from. but off story. yet when i portray a real problem, where a helping, non-criminal personality could be shown, one that, if there were any serverdevs, would be important to get solved, the same people seem to play hide or have other personal issues against me to not help, but attack me for asking wrongly or calling my behaviour unprogressive although themself, only offering unprogressive, unprofessional even, advise.

to portray the costs of this bug, the client gets disconnected ca. every second script reload. ( everytime the server is slightly dropping frames/hibernating). client spamming esc much disconnects too. (client lags in esc menu, server runs on the same system) i dont know the exact corelation of client/server for this problem, otherwise i could fix it, but there is no way to write scripts for sp or anything under these conditions when having this bug. and after 5 days of constantly encountering this, without a single help, but constant disconnects, im pretty done.

although google should be enough source for everyone here to get their own info on this bug, i want to share this post by valve that seemed to have fixed this exact bug in tf2 a while ago..

http://www.steampowered.com/platform/update_history/index.php?id=440
November 18, 2016 patch has been made available with this item:
Fixed an occasional client crash with an error message regarding "CL_ReadPreserveEnt"

if there is a way to look into this tf2s update changes there might be a clue on how to do some magic avoiding it in csgo too but i kinda started to doubt it especially due to help limitations in general by people here. otherwise i for my part dont really know how to proceed with this issue and probably have to stop using sp again for now due to the lack of communcation and effort.. ( i already couldnt work on sp/the server during the past months due to this bug and already wrote a pm to one of the project leaders earlier too, but also didnt get a reply )

You have to understand something. You act like if we owe you something but we clearly don't. You are the one providing very little or no info at all for anyone to help you find the cause of the issue you are the only one to have. You are asking help on an issue related to your server and/or client on a forum designed for support of a plugin that run on said server and wonder why you are not getting any legitimate info/help. You should go on VALVe forums. You are talking about trolls, but I don't see any on these forums. You are the only one with a toxic attitude. And that post I just quoted prove it. I like how you mention "unprogressive" but you are the one deleting any info, or steps, or attempts, etc. you made in order to solve the issue you are, once again, the only one to have. I don't have this issue, so why I should bother searching on google? You are the one that should provide info. I shouldn't have to search for someone else having the same issue that you have which is smart enough to provide info and progress on what they did try to fix the issue even if it didn't work. Now stop crying cause we are not replying or answering your question when you are not doing it.
L'In20Cible wrote:Did you try reinstalling the server?

D3CEPTION wrote:is there anyone who doesnt get this error? ( on windows )

D3CEPTION wrote:bumpy bump

Then you complain we are not trying to help you? I asked you if you tried the most common attempt to fix an issue and you didn't reply. Instead, you asked if anyone else have this issue and then bumped a thread that was already the first in list. This is ridiculous and quite funny how you mention "unprofessional" when you are the one acting like a child "everyone is against me, blah blah"; grow up. I'm really annoyed by your post cause if you ask anyone else around, we always try to help. But in your cases, you always make it hard and then blame us for not being able to help when you clearly doesn't provide any tools to help us help you to begins with. You are more than welcome to go ask somewhere else if you feel these forums are not helpful.

D3CEPTION wrote:but your entire post is missing/misinterpreting what i said... confirms what i assumed about personal issues above??.. :D

to confront your first attack. my goal is not to play the blame card like you submit. didnt my posts mainly describe a technical issue and how it made it impossible for me to use sp since, especially the past days? i even pmed you about the exact error, as i thought as a dev you would be aware of a common current error. and since you and lincible both didnt seem to be that, i thought the people on google are the ones who are off, and its not a common error on valves end, like you two indicated. and therefor i, as the user then spend days of time finding the error on my end, while nothing could be found or fixed. so yeah i do feel like editing my post and reporting back from my errorsearching a lot. (it seems rather shizophrenic to then blame me after you two indicated just that ? :D)

so instead of rejecting my critique playing the blame victim, that i never even attacked you with, how about you look into the error, whenever you find time, and report back factually.
Nobody attack you. Ayuto is factual already.
D3CEPTION

Postby D3CEPTION » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:36 pm

it really lacks social empathy big time to speak in your tone of voice after your situation. im the one who spend 5 or 6 days debugging this error, while you only gave wrong info.

Nobody attack you. Ayuto is factual already.

lol, read your whole damn post. you too do nothing but attack me. you take things i said and misinterprete them to attack me, like ayuto, instead of answering me. like before, you tickle each others ears to avoid solving a conflict. so you have helped people in the forum. what was the alternative? well now you have a chance to show quality. im still waiting for any one of you to look into the error and give any useful insight about it
L'In20Cible
Project Leader

Postby L'In20Cible » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:51 pm

D3CEPTION wrote:why noone is replying...

D3CEPTION wrote:while you only gave wrong info.

We are not replying, then we give wrong info? Interesting.

D3CEPTION wrote:lol, read your whole damn post. you too do nothing but attack me. you take things i said and misinterprete them to attack me, like ayuto, instead of answering me. like before, you tickle each others ears to avoid solving a conflict. so you have helped people in the forum. what was the alternative?
This is beyond ridiculous. I'm not attacking you, I'm replying to your toxic comment about us not being helpful, professional and progressive when you are the one not giving any info for us to be able to help. Then, you play the victim card crying that everyone is against you and attacking you for asking you to provide more info after you edited and deleted attempts/results of your own testing. You blame us for not replying while we have no obligation to do so. This is like complaining that someone is not gifting you a present while obviously, you get presents when someone feel like it. We are volunteers in that story, we owe you NOTHING. Again, if you do not appreciate these forums, you are more than welcome to go seek help somewhere else.

D3CEPTION wrote:well now you have a chance to show quality. im still waiting for any one of you to look into the error and give any useful insight about it
Your toxic attitude is far from being motivating for anyone to even consider helping you. And to be honnest, I find your "now you have a chance to show quality" sentence interesting. I have nothing to prove you. So does anyone else. This "you are not brave enough to jump" tactic won't work, trust me.

Overall, you blame us for not helping you. You play the victim card that everyone is against/attacking you. But... you do reazlie that all you did is posting an error message, right? Then when we tell you that you are not providing enough information, we are the evils? Yeah, right. Again, and for the last time, we owe you nothing. You are not happy? Fine. Go somewhere else.

Don't even reply to me. If you want to post, post information. Otherwise I will lock this thread cause this is going nowhere and just wasting time.
D3CEPTION

Postby D3CEPTION » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:42 am

why do you insist on saying that you dont owe me anything? :D you are pretending i said that even once, but i never did? why would i? and thats misinterpreting me.

you quoted this
but not even then i get a reply :D so i thought there might be another reason why noone is replying...
which obviously is not a demand, like you paraphrased it, but me stating the fact, that i, as a user, started to wonder why noone is replying, maybe you should work on your social empathy, again, as mentioned before..

i only criticized the fact, that after days of not getting any response, its probably bad to attack the questioner, especially when also blaming the questioner, while themselfes could rather be blamed for the unprogressive thread. now i am playing victim, what? again, misinterpreting or willingy defaming. im only saying you two have personal issues against me, as result of your response and/or ayuto ignoring my pm/misinterpreting me etc. i didnt come up with that out of context. i dont even care what your personal reasons are, im only trying to understand it to fix this thread/issue, as also already mentioned in the beginning of this thread above. you both can hate me for that no problem :D its my loss of time trying to make that clear to you/giving feedback. healthy social response to that is being thankful and not blaming the user like you two do.

btw
well now you have a chance to show quality
this was not trick question, like you interpreteted it into. why are you so paranoid about me trying to trick you? in reality, i said that as reference to you claiming EVERYONE is recommending you for your forum interactions, while your replies in THIS THREAD obviously lack exactly that QUALITY..

now i too dont want this thread to leave topic.. if there is a fix for the issue, i probably have to wait till valve updates it. im really wondering though, if you two have actually tested to get a csgo server working in my described manner or only written "its working for me", leaving me in the dark, without having tested it.

so if it is actually working, any info about the server could be a help. even things like "server running a ssd hardrive". anything really can be the problem with this error. but if you keep saying you dont owe me anything, instead of giving the first helpful info, sure, then the thread will go nowhere and you should better close it. but please, dont then put that blame on me again..
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:13 pm

Ok, this nonsense really needs to stop...

If this is a Valve bug, which it certainly seems to be, how do you expect us to fix that for you or to help you fix it? I have done a little research, and have seen multiple people posting the same exact thing recently on the SourceMod forums. No one on there has had any answers, either. It seems to me that it is going to take an update from Valve themselves to fix it. The reason I did not reply originally was because I have not tested CS:GO in almost a month. I have been very busy trying to get GunGame working properly, and my tests have exclusively been on CS:S.

You complain that we help "trolls", as if we don't want to help you. Your posts typically (maybe not necessarily in this thread) are always full of cryptic, semi-secretive information. If you were more forth-coming, and didn't try to hide anything, the attitude from and towards you I imagine would be quite different. Judging by the way you post, especially in this thread and the first one that escalated the same as this one, someone could certainly suggest that you are/were being a troll, just trying to get a reaction from people instead of having a proper discussion.

I know I've warned you before about deleting content in your posts, so I have no choice now but to take that ability away from you. That is not something I take lightly, and I really wish it never came to this. I don't normally mind if people edit their posts, but deleting relevant content, that could not only help others help you, but help people months from now that might have your same issue, is not something we tolerate around here.

I have half a mind to ban you from these forums, and if this continues to happen in the future, it just might come to that. That is also something that I do not take lightly, and it would take an awful lot to push me to that point. I really hope it doesn't come to that, though, and that instead you grow up, stop acting so childish, and actually become a valuable member of our community.
D3CEPTION

Postby D3CEPTION » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:41 pm

well, i would like to contribute. but i cant just throw stuff into an unknown vessel. i first examine where or who i contribute to.

if you want to help, you dont just help anyone, but you examine your target. because you might just help a ,lets say robber, and then, will have taken part in them comitting that crime. so you have to watch out who you help or you might just write a crime into your page of destiny.

and i see how people get in here, who are completely new to the forum, who, even by little technical understanding, make it obvious that all they want to do is create bots. yet they instantly get help and support. its almost like they are being spammed with advise. but when i come up with questions/pms/posts, that could very well create new content for sp, that would not have such negative impact on sp / a gaming community, im left without any communicative response, which by itself would even be okay for me, but rather, most the time an attacking one.

so sure, ill keep sitting quiet and wait for the great observatory change in my perception. but no, joke aside. i finally wanted to give feedback. and if its not appreciated im happy to save my time and have sharpened my already assumptions. but thank you very much satoon for answering intelligently and constructively..
decompile

Postby decompile » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:10 pm

You probably still havent understood, that this is a forum.
Nobody here is forced to help any other. The example with the present/gifts which got mentioned earlier in this post, is the perfect.
Most people just answer if they have experience with it. So why didnt you answer at all my plugin helps threads? Dumb..
A reason for that "new people" get "spammed" with advise is clearly, they are asking easier and simple stuff, which can be easily answered cause of experience.
So if you said, you have googled the problem and it got fixed by VALVE the other day for TF2, why are you still thinking its SP's problem, when it has nothing to do with it? Especially with shouting that members from this forum are "hating" you for not answering youre question. Seriously?

Especially its hard to fix an issue which cant be replicated by others, same as telling my mechanic that my car makes weird noices when I drive left without giving him the car to look at and the steps to reproduce.

But another thing, its clearly rude to say stuff "well now you have a chance to show quality." and other quotes, but its just my oppinion.

I didnt wanted to write in this topic since Im not a part of the "discussion", but it got worse with every reply.

Return to “Whatever”