Popuplib

Discuss API design here.
SkinN

Popuplib

Postby SkinN » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:04 pm

Hi,

I would like to know how is progress on the popuplib development is going, are you guys planning to release it any time soon?

Thanks in advance.

SkinN!
Doldol

Postby Doldol » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:29 pm

+1, Supported!

I'd be great if there could be an official popuplib, as it's no fun to begin scripting with a random one, only to have support dropped for it later on.

I do understand however that the core team might have other priorities atm, but I think for many people this is the major missing feature that's halting the use of this plugin to code with (thus I'm stuck updating my old Eventscripts stuff, while this is a so much better implementation. And I don't think I'm the only one.).

Maybe some people not on the core team should attempt developing one, after some sort of prior agreement with said core team? Or an already existing one could be (improved upon and then) used?

Just something official would be nice!
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:00 pm

It is being worked on, but there is no timetable for when it will be added.
Omega_K2

Postby Omega_K2 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:24 pm

If satoon101 or the other members are interested you can include my popuplib with SP if you like. It is a pure popuplib though, not intended to support those old-style menus.
Libraries: k2tools
Plugins (any): GSRPG (soon) | Pretty Status List | MySQLAds (soon)
Plugins (game-specific): None atm

If you happen to find a bug or need help, either post in the release threads or contact me in IRC gamesurge.net:6667 / #sourcepython
Doldol

Postby Doldol » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:40 pm

satoon101 wrote:It is being worked on, but there is no timetable for when it will be added.

Thanks for the heads-up!
SkinN

Postby SkinN » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:13 pm

Omega_K2 wrote:If satoon101 or the other members are interested you can include my popuplib with SP if you like. It is a pure popuplib though, not intended to support those old-style menus.

I hope you don't take this wrong, but I rather work with something official than having third party libs/scripts, I did already played around with your library, and it's great.
Omega_K2

Postby Omega_K2 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:15 pm

SkinN wrote:I hope you don't take this wrong, but I rather work with something official than having third party libs/scripts, I did already played around with your library, and it's great.

Hence I said I wouldn't mind if it was included (under GPL/LGPL) with Source.Python, so ya know it's official. I know they're working on popups, but I have no idea how their progress is or what their goals with the popup library are.
Libraries: k2tools

Plugins (any): GSRPG (soon) | Pretty Status List | MySQLAds (soon)

Plugins (game-specific): None atm

If you happen to find a bug or need help, either post in the release threads or contact me in IRC gamesurge.net:6667 / #sourcepython

Return to “API Design”