[CSS/CSGO] Warcraft: Source

Release your plugins here!
TPDerp

[CSS/CSGO] Warcraft: Source

Postby TPDerp » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:32 pm

Introduction
Warcraft: Source (WCS) is a modification that has been around for a very long time, from the early days of EventScripts with version up to WCS 0.77 (by Kryptonite), an Orange-Box compatible version 0.78 (by me), a Source.Python-compatible version built on top of mine (updated by Kami), and the other versions that let go of the console-based system, and chose a pure Python approach such as: EventScripts Python version WCS:Python by Jeff91 and Freddukes, and Source.Python version Hero-Wars by Mahi, Kamiqawa, and Predz. My apologies if I've forgotten any.

What's new?
This may very well be yet another one to add to this list, so what's the difference? Well, this is a first where EventScripts (0.77 and earlier or 0.78) races and items and Python races and items (using EventScripts Python or Source.Python) will work together, with no difference other than how they're written. This allows you, the server owner, to choose from a wide array of races and items, and with the ability to install races and items directly on the server makes it easier than ever to install, update, and uninstall them.

Useful links
Download.
Installable contents.
A lot of other information.

Installation
You install it like any other Source.Python plugin but I've added a small guide here, and a bit more information to get you started.

Notes that might help you
  • Races and items that uses EventScripts commands or functions requires Ayuto's EventScripts Emulator.
  • If you are using races or items from 0.77 and earlier or 0.78, you have to load all separate files, that are required, manually.
  • There are currently a limited number of races and items available on the repository. Feel free to do a pull request on the repository with your races or items.

Outro
I appreciate any and all feedback on how to improve it (as long as it's constructive criticism), so feel free to come with some.
That's about all I have, so without making a super long post (and because I'm awful at this stuff), thanks for reading.
Manifest

Re: [CSS/CSGO] Warcraft: Source

Postby Manifest » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:34 pm

- Reserved -
Manifest

Postby Manifest » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:18 pm

Looking at this version of the modification it seems very, very promising as it allows people to use their own prefered style of coding whether it'd be pure source python, ESP or ES:S. This alone makes it a very great choice if you wish to start playing around with the warcraft source modification but have a certain language preferance without wanting to make a compromise.

This modification can also run all the races made for ALL the previous versions of the modification, which is amazing. Not only because this version is the only one providing you with this option, but also because it means a lot of the "old but gold" races and content will not go to waste and will be possible to use once again, so those who have their old server files lying around could essentially reopen their servers without too much effort.

I am looking forward to seeing how this version will play out, and once I have tested some of my content I will create a GitHub where people can download content that should work for this modification. I really like the sound of it, very good job on the modification improvements Tha Pwned! :-)
VinciT

Postby VinciT » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:10 pm

Awesome! I think WCS was the gamemode I played the most in CS:S, can't wait to play around with this.
BackRaw

Postby BackRaw » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:47 pm

Very nice! I'll have to test this one out for sure.
bolarke

Postby bolarke » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:00 pm

Hello!! i try to load the wcs on my server just following all the steps, but when i try to load wcs i got an error. can u help me please?

it is windows btw

velocity

Postby velocity » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:46 pm

This is awesome. I had some WCS server aswell
TPDerp

Postby TPDerp » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:05 pm

Thanks for the positive feedback! I hope you'll have a good time with it.

bolarke wrote:Hello!! i try to load the wcs on my server just following all the steps, but when i try to load wcs i got an error. can u help me please?

it is windows btw

Thanks for reporting. That should be fixed in the new version.
bolarke

Postby bolarke » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:08 pm

TPDerp wrote:Thanks for the positive feedback! I hope you'll have a good time with it.

Thanks for reporting. That should be fixed in the new version.

i have work arround this by letings only 1 path for races, and now the plugin load, but i have no races xDDD

so... i have something worn... maybe u can help me whit this? just want to help on this by testing :)

and i try to give myself admin but i cant. just put my steamid on the \cfg\source-python\wcs\privileges.json like this

Code: Select all

{
    "players": {
        "STEAM_0:1:4348826": {
            "wcsadmin": 1,
            "wcsadmin_githubaccess": 1,
            "wcsadmin_managementaccess": 1,
            "wcsadmin_playersmanagement": 1,
            "wcsadmin_raceaccess": 1,
            "vip_raceaccess": 1
        }
    }
}

is it ok?
TPDerp

Postby TPDerp » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:26 pm

bolarke wrote:i have work arround this by letings only 1 path for races, and now the plugin load, but i have no races xDDD

There's no included races, so that's why you aren't seeing any races. You have to add your own races.

bolarke wrote:so... i have something worn... maybe u can help me whit this? just want to help on this by testing :)

and i try to give myself admin but i cant. just put my steamid on the \cfg\source-python\wcs\privileges.json like this

Code: Select all

{
    "players": {
        "STEAM_0:1:4348826": {
            "wcsadmin": 1,
            "wcsadmin_githubaccess": 1,
            "wcsadmin_managementaccess": 1,
            "wcsadmin_playersmanagement": 1,
            "wcsadmin_raceaccess": 1,
            "vip_raceaccess": 1
        }
    }
}

is it ok?

That looks perfect. Have you made sure that it's your steamid? You open the admin menu by typing "wcsadmin" in the chat, just to make sure you're typing the correct command.
bolarke

Postby bolarke » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:52 am

TPDerp wrote:There's no included races, so that's why you aren't seeing any races. You have to add your own races.

That looks perfect. Have you made sure that it's your steamid? You open the admin menu by typing "wcsadmin" in the chat, just to make sure you're typing the correct command.

so, how do i add races?? i copy the 4 races that comes on the guide on the folders, but it does not work. is it necesary to edit some config file?

the part of the admin, thats my steam id and when i type wcsadmin the server tolds me that i have no acces, so maybe i have to use other steamid format?
bolarke

Postby bolarke » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:00 pm

bolarke wrote:so, how do i add races?? i copy the 4 races that comes on the guide on the folders, but it does not work. is it necesary to edit some config file?

the part of the admin, thats my steam id and when i type wcsadmin the server tolds me that i have no acces, so maybe i have to use other steamid format?

well aparently my steam id is not the same for sourcemod and sourcepython. steam_0 for sourcemod, steam_1 for sourcepython...

maybe this will help someone! keep testing, now lets check about add races becouse i am so lost xD
TPDerp

Postby TPDerp » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:25 pm

bolarke wrote:well aparently my steam id is not the same for sourcemod and sourcepython. steam_0 for sourcemod, steam_1 for sourcepython...

Glad you got it working. I find it odd there's a difference there...

bolarke wrote:maybe this will help someone! keep testing, now lets check about add races becouse i am so lost xD

I've updated the readme with information on how to add races and items. You can visit Warcraft-Source.com for a wide varity of races and items.
rautamiekka

Postby rautamiekka » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:36 pm

bolarke wrote:well aparently my steam id is not the same for sourcemod and sourcepython. steam_0 for sourcemod, steam_1 for sourcepython...

You sure ? I mean, did you use both mods one-by-one in the same Server and thus the same game ? If you did, that's a surprising diff.
bolarke

Postby bolarke » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:15 am

TPDerp wrote:

Glad you got it working. I find it odd there's a difference there...

bolarke wrote:maybe this will help someone! keep testing, now lets check about add races becouse i am so lost xD

I've updated the readme with information on how to add races and items. You can visit Warcraft-Source.com for a wide varity of races and items.

Wow mate love the new readme. I cant load races from github becouse of pip. i will work on it, but will too try to add manually races, thx for the update!
bolarke

Postby bolarke » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:17 am

rautamiekka wrote:

You sure ? I mean, did you use both mods one-by-one in the same Server and thus the same game ? If you did, that's a surprising diff.

yeah... that was make me go crazy... same server, sm and wcs working at the same time, admin on sm but no on wcs... then add Steam_1XXXX id and it works xD

anyway i will reinstall a clean server to see if it happends again.
para97

Postby para97 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:28 pm

glad to see some active developement in the wcs community, will use this!

/edit

do the ultimates work?
TPDerp

Postby TPDerp » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:09 pm

para97 wrote:glad to see some active developement in the wcs community, will use this!

Thanks for trying it out!

para97 wrote:do the ultimates work?

Yes, they should. Are you experiencing otherwise?
para97

Postby para97 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:21 pm

Yes, somehow I cannot figure out to get them work. Installed on a fresh SP only server.
TPDerp

Postby TPDerp » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:17 pm

para97 wrote:Yes, somehow I cannot figure out to get them work. Installed on a fresh SP only server.

Is it a specific race that's not working or is it all? To use an ultimate, you use "ultimate" in your console or bind it to a specific key (bind <key> ultimate). To see if it's an ultimate, ability, or +ability, you can type "raceinfo" in-game -> choosing the race -> "Skills" and see it there's a "(ultimate)", "(ability)", or "(+ability)" as a suffix.

Return to “Plugin Releases”