[CSS/CSGO] Warcraft: Source

Release your plugins here!
WilfordPen

Re: [CSS/CSGO] Warcraft: Source

Postby WilfordPen » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:44 pm

What the difference between Ability and +Ability btw?
TPDerp

Postby TPDerp » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:33 pm

WilfordPen wrote:What the difference between Ability and +Ability btw?

"ability" skills gets activated when you press a button that's bound to it. While "+ability" does the same, it also fires "-ability" once the button has been released. This allows you to create charge-up abilities (eg. hold the button for 2 seconds to unleash a firebolt or something). Just a way to get more creative with the abilities, and makes it possible to do new things.
Budau

Postby Budau » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:21 am

Hi all,

I cant get the races to show up.
I tried to install the races from the 0.78 wcs release.
The shopmenu and the other stuff works.
Can some help me where to put all the stuff from 0.78 to get this to work with this version?
(I already tried to do it like here: https://github.com/ThaPwned/WCS#wcs but it would be nice to get it completly explained again for races)

Thanks in advance
TPDerp

Postby TPDerp » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:18 pm

Budau wrote:Hi all,

Can some help me where to put all the stuff from 0.78 to get this to work with this version?
(I already tried to do it like here: https://github.com/ThaPwned/WCS#wcs but it would be nice to get it completly explained again for races)

Thanks in advance

The only thing you'd do to get races from 0.78 to work is installing Ayuto's EventScripts Emulator and copy your races.ini and strings.ini files to the cfg/source-python/wcs/ folder. Do you get any exceptions? They're located in logs/source-python/.
Budau

Postby Budau » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:05 am

TPDerp wrote:

Thanks in advance

The only thing you'd do to get races from 0.78 to work is installing Ayuto's EventScripts Emulator and copy your races.ini and strings.ini files to the cfg/source-python/wcs/ folder. Do you get any exceptions? They're located in logs/source-python/.

Thanks for the fast answer.
I messed something up.
I put the race.ini first in es_emulator.

But now I wanted to use the race/shop files from 0.77 because my old race list is written in the old format.
I tried it with cs go but I got this.

Code: Select all

[SP] Caught an Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "..\addons\source-python\packages\source-python\plugins\command.py", line 162, in load_plugin
    plugin = self.manager.load(plugin_name)
  File "..\addons\source-python\packages\source-python\plugins\manager.py", line 194, in load
    plugin._load()
  File "..\addons\source-python\packages\source-python\plugins\instance.py", line 76, in _load
    self.module.load()
  File "..\addons\source-python\plugins\wcs\wcs.py", line 240, in load
    race_manager.update(parse_key_races())
  File "..\addons\source-python\plugins\wcs\core\modules\oldesc.py", line 332, in parse_key_races
    settings.strings['description'] = _LanguageString(_get_string(data['shortdescription']).replace(r'\n', ''))
  File "..\addons\source-python\plugins\wcs\core\modules\oldesc.py", line 256, in _get_string
    if text.startswith('wcs_lng_r_'):

AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'startswith'

[SP] Plugin 'wcs' was unable to be loaded.
TPDerp

Postby TPDerp » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:31 pm

Budau wrote:
TPDerp wrote:

Thanks in advance

I messed something up.

But now I wanted to use the race/shop files from 0.77 because my old race list is written in the old format.

File "..\addons\source-python\packages\source-python\plugins\command.py", line 162, in load_plugin
  File "..\addons\source-python\packages\source-python\plugins\manager.py", line 194, in load
    plugin._load()
  File "..\addons\source-python\packages\source-python\plugins\instance.py", line 76, in _load
    self.module.load()
  File "..\addons\source-python\plugins\wcs\core\modules\oldesc.py", line 332, in parse_key_races
    settings.strings['description'] = _LanguageString(_get_string(data['shortdescription']).replace(r'\n', ''))
  File "..\addons\source-python\plugins\wcs\core\modules\oldesc.py", line 256, in _get_string

Thanks for reporting! That'd be fixed in the newest version.
Budau

Postby Budau » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:53 pm

TPDerp wrote:
Budau wrote:
TPDerp wrote:The only thing you'd do to get races from 0.78 to work is installing Ayuto's EventScripts Emulator and copy your races.ini and strings.ini files to the cfg/source-python/wcs/ folder. Do you get any exceptions? They're located in logs/source-python/.

I messed something up.

plugin._load()
    self.module.load()

Thanks for reporting! That'd be fixed in the newest version.

Thanks for updating it so fast.
Now it looks like that:

[SP] Encountered a Warning:
  File '..\addons\source-python\plugins\wcs\core\modules\oldesc.py', line 358: UserWarning
    Unable to find the "es_WCSshop_cat_db" file.

plugin._load()
    self.module.load()
  File "..\addons\source-python\plugins\wcs\wcs.py", line 242, in load
    item_manager.update(parse_key_items())
  File "..\addons\source-python\plugins\wcs\core\modules\oldesc.py", line 400, in parse_key_items
    categories[str(data['category'])]['items'].append(settings)

KeyError: '1'

Do you know where to find the es_WCSshop_cat_db file?
Its not in the 0.77 release.
TPDerp

Postby TPDerp » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:30 pm

Budau wrote:Thanks for updating it so fast.
Now it looks like that:

File '..\addons\source-python\plugins\wcs\core\modules\oldesc.py', line 358: UserWarning

plugin._load()
    self.module.load()
  File "..\addons\source-python\plugins\wcs\core\modules\oldesc.py", line 400, in parse_key_items

Thanks! That'd be fixed.

Budau wrote:Do you know where to find the es_WCSshop_cat_db file?

The "es_WCSshop_cat_db.txt" file is located in the wcs/WCSshop/ folder.
Budau

Postby Budau » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:55 pm

TPDerp wrote:
Budau wrote:Thanks for updating it so fast.
Now it looks like that:

plugin._load()
    self.module.load()

Thanks! That'd be fixed.

Budau wrote:Do you know where to find the es_WCSshop_cat_db file?

The "es_WCSshop_cat_db.txt" file is located in the wcs/WCSshop/ folder.

Hmmm I still cant find it.
Maybe the file gets created only when you load the version without your wcs mod.

But now I have the problem that I have no special visual race effects and some abilities / all ultimates wont work.
I think its not enough to just put the races db file in?

I have added you on steam if its okay.
Budau

Postby Budau » Sat May 04, 2019 11:18 am

Maybe someone other can help me till TPDerp comes back online.
I tried to load the tools files for the 0.78 races and i get this error.

If I dont put the wcsgroup and xtell file in from the 0.78 release I get the error: "Cant import wcsgroup".
Maybe I put the 0.78 files in the wrong place/ there are files missing?

Thanks in advance for answering
BackRaw

Postby BackRaw » Sun May 05, 2019 12:29 pm

Would it make sense to convert all ESS/ESP races to the new SP races to get rid of the ES Emulator layer?
Budau

Postby Budau » Sun May 05, 2019 3:57 pm

BackRaw wrote:Would it make sense to convert all ESS/ESP races to the new SP races to get rid of the ES Emulator layer?

I would do it if I knew how to code.
But its almost working, its only conflicting with the wcsgroup and xtell file from the 0.78 release.
Maybe it will work when the code is added from wcsgroup, xtell and wcs_commands into this wcs version?

Ps: Grüße aus Deutschland
TPDerp

Postby TPDerp » Fri May 10, 2019 9:52 pm

Sorry for the late reply. Had some stuff going on.
Budau wrote:Maybe someone other can help me till TPDerp comes back online.

If I dont put the wcsgroup and xtell file in from the 0.78 release I get the error: "Cant import wcsgroup".

All Python (*.py/.*pyc) from 0.78 are more than likely not compatible with this version, so you shouldn't move those around. The only files you'd move are those mentioned in the readme (and the associated files such as ultimates). But because those files might import things from other libraries that registers commands (such as wcs_xtell), you're getting those exception, so I've added a few monkeypatches that should fix the issues you're having. Let me know if you're getting more of those.

BackRaw wrote:Would it make sense to convert all ESS/ESP races to the new SP races to get rid of the ES Emulator layer?

That'd be the best way of doing it, for sure. However, I have my doubts the ones who're interested in it have the time and interest in learning Python (and learn the basics of ESS to be able to understand what's going on), so, as the more likely thing to happen, is me trying to get it to work as hassle-free as possible. Having said that, I welcome any and all who want to create races or items in SP, and want to have them available on the repository, to do a pull request there. *wink* *wink* *throws a treat of some sort in the direction of BackRaw*
Budau

Postby Budau » Sat May 11, 2019 1:39 pm

TPDerp wrote:Sorry for the late reply. Had some stuff going on.
Budau wrote:Maybe someone other can help me till TPDerp comes back online.

All Python (*.py/.*pyc) from 0.78 are more than likely not compatible with this version, so you shouldn't move those around. The only files you'd move are those mentioned in the readme (and the associated files such as ultimates). But because those files might import things from other libraries that registers commands (such as wcs_xtell), you're getting those exception, so I've added a few monkeypatches that should fix the issues you're having. Let me know if you're getting more of those.

That'd be the best way of doing it, for sure. However, I have my doubts the ones who're interested in it have the time and interest in learning Python (and learn the basics of ESS to be able to understand what's going on), so, as the more likely thing to happen, is me trying to get it to work as hassle-free as possible. Having said that, I welcome any and all who want to create races or items in SP, and want to have them available on the repository, to do a pull request there. *wink* *wink* *throws a treat of some sort in the direction of BackRaw*

Thank you!!!!
I finaly dont get any errors on server startup.

But if i join my server I get a ton of errors.
I dont know if its because of a source python update/ es emulator update or a cs go update

Its spamming this messages in my server console.
Entering wcsadmin or entering wcsmenus and clicking playerinfo or whatever crashes the plugin.
I also get errors when Im only loading es_emulator

File "..\addons\source-python\plugins\es_emulator\logic.py", line 212, in fire_game_event
    fill_event_vars(userid, 'user')
  File "..\addons\source-python\plugins\es_emulator\logic.py", line 140, in fill_event_vars
    current_event_vars['es_{}name'.format(type_str)] = player.name
  File "..\addons\source-python\packages\source-python\entities\_base.py", line 116, in __getattr__
    raise AttributeError('Attribute "{0}" not found'.format(attr))

AttributeError: Attribute "name" not found

Edit: I also getting this on startup

I should have saved the old version of source python and es emulator....
Ayuto
Project Leader

Postby Ayuto » Sun May 12, 2019 11:34 am

The warnings are fine. They are really just deprecation warnings and they appear since a long time.

The attribute errors are fixed with version 688:
https://github.com/Source-Python-Dev-Te ... 932dec5b8c
Budau

Postby Budau » Sun May 12, 2019 2:30 pm

Ayuto wrote:The warnings are fine. They are really just deprecation warnings and they appear since a long time.

The attribute errors are fixed with version 688:
https://github.com/Source-Python-Dev-Te ... 932dec5b8c

Sorry for spamming Ayuto and thanks for fixing.

TPDerp wrote:All Python (*.py/.*pyc) from 0.78 are more than likely not compatible with this version, so you shouldn't move those around. The only files you'd move are those mentioned in the readme (and the associated files such as ultimates). But because those files might import things from other libraries that registers commands (such as wcs_xtell), you're getting those exception, so I've added a few monkeypatches that should fix the issues you're having. Let me know if you're getting more of those.

There are still alot of wcs commands missing.
I tried undead and human.

[wcs/tools/ultimates/default/wcs_ulti_teleport 31] wcs_getviewcoords: The command 'wcs_getviewcoords' could not be found
[wcs/tools/ultimates/default/wcs_ulti_teleport 33] wcs_getdistance: The command 'wcs_getdistance' could not be found
[wcs/tools/ultimates/default/wcs_ulti_teleport 38] wcs_pushto: The command 'wcs_pushto' could not be found
[wcs/races/human_alliance/teleport 50] wcs_getviewcoords: The command 'wcs_getviewcoords' could not be found
[wcs/races/human_alliance/teleport 52] wcs_getdistance: The command 'wcs_getdistance' could not be found
".5" is an invalid value for "frame_rate:clamping".
[wcs/races/undead_scourge/bomb 81] wcs_explosion: The command 'wcs_explosion' could not be found

I think the passive abillities are working except lower gravity. Unfortunately there is no error msg.
I hope it can be fixed because lower gravity is in a lot of races.
para97

Postby para97 » Sun May 12, 2019 2:52 pm

Yup, that's the case at the moment. I would REALLY love to use this version, but many wcs commands are missing and so my races won't work. Still checking this thread on a daily basis to check whether updates are coming :)
Budau

Postby Budau » Sun May 12, 2019 4:09 pm

para97 wrote:Yup, that's the case at the moment. I would REALLY love to use this version, but many wcs commands are missing and so my races won't work. Still checking this thread on a daily basis to check whether updates are coming :)

Yeah but I think it should be easy for a skilled programmer like tha pwned. He just needs to add the stuff from commands.py .
I hope its so easy as I think :grin:
Budau

Postby Budau » Mon May 13, 2019 4:24 pm

Kami wrote:Hey guys,

I removed everything that needed wcsgroup (wcs_resist,wcs_absorb,wcs_noflash,wcs_regeneration,wcs_evade, maybe others) and some of my custom messages from the commands.py.

I did not test if all the commands still work, but it loads fine, so you can at least try it :)

@Pwned: If you are not okay with this kind of mixing of versions just let me know and I'll delete the file!

Thanks Kami!

Teleport works now. I tried Undead scourge alone so I couldnt see if it does damage but at least I saw a explosion effect now.
But low gravity still doenst work, but the speed abillity works.
And i think its missing effects of the abillities. Maybe the effects included in tha pwned release doesnt work with 0.78 races?
I dont know if the deleted wcs commands are used often, but when they are used often it would be nice if they could be added.
I will do some more testing.
Edit:

[deque([]) 3] wcs_regeneration: The command 'wcs_regeneration' could not be found
[deque([]) 3] wcs_regeneration: The command 'wcs_regeneration' could not be found
[wcs/races/warden/health 75] wcs_cancelulti: The command 'wcs_cancelulti' could not be found
[wcs/races/shadow_hunter/immortal 183] wcs_evasion: The command 'wcs_evasion' could not be found
[deque([]) 191] es_stopsound: Syntax: es_stopsound <userid> <soundname>
[deque([]) 191] wcs_evasion: The command 'wcs_evasion' could not be found
Bad SetLocalOrigin(-504.239777,403.731262,18487.080078) on weaponworldmodel

Yeah the other stuff needs to be added too. But maybe he can use the parts from commands.py that are working.
para97

Postby para97 » Mon May 13, 2019 8:05 pm

Thank you Kami!

Return to “Plugin Releases”