GunGame v1.3.2

Release your plugins here!
satoon101
Project Leader

GunGame v1.3.2

Postby satoon101 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:28 pm

GunGame is back and better than ever using Source.Python!

For those that haven't heard of GunGame, it is a leveling mod where players get have to get kills with their current weapon in order to gain a level and move onto the next weapon. The first player/team to get a kill with the last level weapon wins!

Requirements

GunGame requires the custom package Idle Manager. Please install it when you install GunGame.
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1526

Installation and Configuration

Download the attached file and unzip it onto your server in the base directory (just like when installing Source.Python and Idle Manager). Once you have installed it on the server, sp plugin load gungame once. You can do this one of a few ways:

1. Execute the command directly in the server's console. This requires you to have direct access to the server's console.
  2. Use rcon to execute the command from your client while logged onto the server.
  3. Add the command to your autoexec.cfg file and restart your server.

Once GunGame has been loaded onto your server, the configuration files will have been created. Go to your server's ../cfg/source-python/gungame/ directory and modify the files as you see fit. For information on the gg_plugins.cfg file, see the Sub-Plugins section below.

Sub-Plugins

Sub-plugins are loaded/unloaded via the gg plugin load <plugin> and gg plugin unload <plugin> commands. The gg_plugins.cfg file (mentioned above) is where you will want to load all sub-plugins that should always be loaded when GunGame is running on your server. If you only want to run one configuration on your server at all times, add all of the sub-plugins to this file.

For instance, if you always want to run Free-for-all Deathmatch, you might have this in your gg_plugins.cfg:

Code: Select all

gg plugin load dead_strip
gg plugin load deathmatch
gg plugin load disable_objectives
gg plugin load dissolver
gg plugin load ffa
gg plugin load knife_steal
gg plugin load random_spawn
gg plugin load turbo

If you want to have multiple configurations on your server, only those that should always be loaded should be included in the gg_plugins.cfg file.

You may have noticed that I left the gg_ prefix off of all of the commands. GunGame will load/unload them regardless of whether or not you include the prefix.

Random Spawn (spawn points)

If you want to use the Random Spawn sub-plugin, you will need to have a spawnpoints file for each map on your server. There is a repository where these spawnpoint files can be found:
https://github.com/GunGame-Dev-Team/spawnpoints

Unfortunately, I currently only have a number CS:S maps included. Please feel free to create more of these for CS:S and also some for CS:GO and add them as pull requests to that repository.

To install them, simply download the zip or clone the repository. Once you have the files locally, take the contents of the cstrike folder (or whichever game you are using this for) and paste them into your server's ../addons/source-python/data/plugins/gungame/spawn_points/ directory.

GameModes

There are a number of different game modes that are included in GunGame. The base game modes are:
  • DeathMatch
  • Elimination
  • FFA (free-for-all)
  • Objectives (hostages/bombing)
  • TeamPlay
  • TeamWork
There are also variations that are combinations of these, as well as Regular which includes none of them. There is a repository where common gamemode configuration files are held:
https://github.com/GunGame-Dev-Team/gamemodes

There is a configuration file for each of the combinations listed above with sub-plugins loaded/unloaded properly for each. Feel free to use them and modify them on your server as you see fit. They do include a number of Custom sub-plugins that I will be releasing in the near future.

To go along with these game mode configs, I would also like to share the gg_plugins.cfg file that I use with them (all of the sub-plugins are also Custom ones that I will release soon):

Code: Select all

gg plugin load hostname_manager
gg plugin load scoreboard
gg plugin load winner_display
gg plugin load winner_menu

I also hope to do a video series in the near future where I go over all of this installation/configuration, as well as showcase each of these game modes.

Help wanted/needed

The plugin has been tested on CS:S and CS:GO, but I eventually want to make it available on other games. If you wish to help in this capacity, please let me know either in this thread or via PM.

There are a lot of translations involved, so please, if you know multiple languages, help out by submitting pull requests.

Also, if you find a bug in the code, or an enhancement, please submit an issue or pull request on the repository and not in this thread. The repository can be found here:
https://github.com/GunGame-Dev-Team/GunGame-SP

Current version download
gungame - v1.3.2.zip
(448.81 KiB) Downloaded 893 times

Older versions
gungame - v1.3.1.zip
(448.79 KiB) Downloaded 472 times

gungame - v1.3.0.zip
(448.98 KiB) Downloaded 659 times

gungame - v1.2.2.zip
(447.38 KiB) Downloaded 618 times

gungame - v1.2.1.zip
(447.41 KiB) Downloaded 590 times

gungame - v1.2.0.zip
(447.39 KiB) Downloaded 590 times

gungame - v1.1.1.zip
(448.01 KiB) Downloaded 629 times

gungame - v1.1.0.zip
(447.58 KiB) Downloaded 604 times

gungame - v1.0.2.zip
(446.19 KiB) Downloaded 616 times

gungame - v1.0.1.zip
(446.12 KiB) Downloaded 608 times

gungame - v1.0.0.zip
(445.7 KiB) Downloaded 620 times
Ayuto
Project Leader

Re: GunGame v1.0.0

Postby Ayuto » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:11 pm

Awesome! Do you plan to setup a public server?
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:36 pm

To be honest, I hadn't really thought about it. I definitely want to get one up at least for a couple months in order to make the videos for the different types of gameplay, but I will likely make that a private server. What hosting companies are good these days?

If anyone is hosting this version of GunGame on a server, please post it here, and I'll add them all to the first post.
L'In20Cible
Project Leader

Postby L'In20Cible » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:23 am

Glad to see GunGame back to life!! I will try to add french translations sometime this week.

satoon101 wrote:What hosting companies are good these days?
For quality CS:GO servers, good service and cheap price I would have to recommend taking a look at Host Havoc. As for CS:S servers, I always had good experience with Game Servers.
joshtrav

Postby joshtrav » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:53 pm

satoon101 wrote:To be honest, I hadn't really thought about it. I definitely want to get one up at least for a couple months in order to make the videos for the different types of gameplay, but I will likely make that a private server. What hosting companies are good these days?

If anyone is hosting this version of GunGame on a server, please post it here, and I'll add them all to the first post.

We have quite a bit of resources available on our Chicago dedicated if you want me to set up a slice for you to use.
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:18 pm

joshtrav wrote:We have quite a bit of resources available on our Chicago dedicated if you want me to set up a slice for you to use.
I already created a CS:S server, but I'm having issues getting it going (discussion is in another thread). But, I would love it if I could get a CS:GO server on there. Thank you!
battleweaver

Postby battleweaver » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:37 am

Some CS:GO test results:

my server:
LGSM CSGO out-of-box
Source-Python, last version.

I used settings from ffa_deathmatch.cfg

Problems i noticed:
1) after warmup, when round starts my client catches some lags
2) In ffa mode rewards work correctly while bots of the same team do not attack each other.
Update
3) Aaaand relatively long waiting of weapon appearance after USP is in your hand. Or maybe I should check 1 slot from time to time? (Bots are fine with getting new weapon btw)
Update 2
3) At level 6 i was given USP instead of HKP2000. Next level requiement is 2 HKP2000 kills, which i could not achieve.
I remembered one of iPlayer's topics about creating weapons, so I changed loadout to HKP 2000. Worked fine.
iPlayer
Developer

Postby iPlayer » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:17 pm

3) At level 6 i was given USP instead of HKP2000. Next level requiement is 2 HKP2000 kills, which i could not achieve.
I remembered one of iPlayer's topics about creating weapons, so I changed loadout to HKP 2000. Worked fine.

Yep, that's probably the result of CS:GO behavior for some weapons. Here's that topic. Long story short, the actual weapon (HKP2000 or USP-S) given to the player depends on their inventory and team, and a workaround is needed to bypass that logic.
Image /id/its_iPlayer
My plugins: Map Cycle • Killstreaker • DeadChat • Infinite Jumping • TripMines • AdPurge • Bot Damage • PLRBots • Entity AntiSpam

Hail, Companion. [...] Hands to yourself, sneak thief. Image
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:26 pm

Thanks for the reports. As for #2, bots don't naturally shoot teammates, so we'll have to rely on a custom plugin to handle that, just like the one for GunGame5.1:
http://forums.gungame.net/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=2006

Unfortunately, I haven't had a lot of free time lately to work on much, so this is far down the list of my todos. If anyone else wishes to get this going, please feel free.
battleweaver

Postby battleweaver » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:16 am

I solved the problem in crude way:
added in gamemode_ config mp_teammates_are_enemies 1
It did not work from gg_ config file
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:57 am

battleweaver wrote:I solved the problem in crude way:
added in gamemode_ config mp_teammates_are_enemies 1
It did not work from gg_ config file

That's not crude, that's pretty awesome. I didn't even realize that cvar existed on CS:GO. Unfortunately, that doesn't exist on CS:S, though.

Also, as for #1, I have replicated that, and am working on figuring out why that is happening. A similar issue was happening on gg_win/gg_team_win in CS:S, and I 'fixed' it temporarily by kicking all bots directly after calling EndGame.
satoon101
Project Leader

Re: GunGame v1.0.1

Postby satoon101 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:44 pm

GunGame Update!
Version: 1.0.1
Version Notes:
  • Fixed bug in multi-level.
  • Fixed bug in teamplay deathmatch for projectile weapons.
  • Fixed an issue on gg_win where the map change would hang and lots of messages would spam the server console.
  • Fixed issues with server hanging on gg_team_win.
  • Fixed bug in multi-nade that caused it to not work at all in CS:GO.
  • Added taser to list of weapons supported for earn_nade.
  • Added taser to list of weapons supported for multi_nade.
  • Fixed lag from occurring on match start when bots are on the server.
  • Fixed grenade weapons and taser not being re-given during warmup on csgo.
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:53 pm

iPlayer wrote:

Yep, that's probably the result of CS:GO behavior for some weapons. Here's that topic. Long story short, the actual weapon (HKP2000 or USP-S) given to the player depends on their inventory and team, and a workaround is needed to bypass that logic.

So, with the workaround in that thread, although not ideal, does it hold true for all situations? If so, I was thinking about adding the following to gungame.games.csgo to fix this specifically for GunGame:

Syntax: Select all

def _give_level_weapon(player):
weapon = _old_give_level_weapon(player)
if weapon.classname == weapon.weapon_name:
return weapon
weapon.remove()
player_entity = Entity(player.index)
player_entity.team = 5 - player_entity.team
weapon = _old_give_level_weapon(player)
player_entity.team = 5 - player_entity.team
return weapon

_old_give_level_weapon = GunGamePlayer.give_level_weapon
GunGamePlayer.give_level_weapon = _give_level_weapon

It works for my testing for the HKP2000, but I just want to make sure that it works in all situations before I commit this and make a new release. Obviously, finding a more permanent fix in SP itself would be ideal.
iPlayer
Developer

Postby iPlayer » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:09 pm

Your implementation will fail on terrorists. If you try to give a terrorist USP-S/HKP2000, your code will switch them to CT, and then CS:GO will do that inventory lookup.

You should not switch them to opposite team, you should always switch to "weapon can't be legally bought by" team. For USP-S and HKP2000, that's always T team, because only CTs can buy these weapons.

As I see it, there should be some configuration file (ini) in SP that declares which weapons need this workaround and what team the player should be put into to make the workaround work.

As for holding true for all situations... Obviosuly this workaround fails if, say, Valve introduces more weapons that behave like this AND these weapons can be bought by both teams. The only reason this workaround works at all is because USP-S and HKP2000 are ocassionaly CT-bound.

But eh, for now (while that problem doesn't exist) it should work. Though I'd look into Weapon.create approach. Let me quote:
For your convenience, Source.Python's Weapon.create converts aliases (say, weapon_usp_silencer) to the real classname and assigns correct properties to the created entity to make sure that the resulting weapon will be USP-S and not HKP2000.

Well, at least it tries to do so. From my testing,

Syntax: Select all

Weapon.create('weapon_usp_silencer')

still spawns HKP2000, but if you drop it and look at it, the hint will caption it as "USP-S".

I feel like SP doesn't assign all properties to make the weapon correct. If you spawn weapon_usp_silencer and weapon_hkp2000 with this approach, both will turn to be HKP2000, the difference is the caption that is shown when the weapon is on the ground. Maybe there's more properties to assign to make it a true USP-S?

There's 3rd approach which includes manipulating player's inventory data. That's a straight way to get the server banned by Valve though, so I didn't even bother.
Image /id/its_iPlayer
My plugins: Map Cycle • Killstreaker • DeadChat • Infinite Jumping • TripMines • AdPurge • Bot Damage • PLRBots • Entity AntiSpam

satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:41 pm

iPlayer wrote:Your implementation will fail on terrorists. If you try to give a terrorist USP-S/HKP2000, your code will switch them to CT, and then CS:GO will do that inventory lookup.

It will only do that if the original weapon given is not correct. It first uses the original 'give_level_weapon', and then checks against the weapon's classname vs weapon_name. They 'should' be equal. And if they are not, then and only then does the team switch.
https://github.com/Source-Python-Dev-Te ... py#L67-L76

Unless I am still missing something.
iPlayer
Developer

Postby iPlayer » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:48 pm

Oh yeah, I haven't read into that enough. Sorry Image Now it looks correct... But then again, we have to hope that Valve doesn't introduce more weapons with the same classname.

Also, in that same cookbook thread Invincible said that he was going to change Entity.team to Entity.team_index so that Player.team doesn't override it. I think he didn't do it actually, but when he does, the Entity instantiation won't be needed anymore.
Image /id/its_iPlayer

satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:52 pm

I will go ahead and do that team_index change. I meant to comment previously that I liked that idea.

And yes, we really need to build a more permanent fix going forward into SP itself. For now this workaround will suffice, though.
satoon101
Project Leader

Re: GunGame v1.0.2

Postby satoon101 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:34 pm

GunGame Update!
Version: 1.0.2
Version Notes:
  • Moved csgo specific functionality out of core.weapons.groups and into games.csgo.
  • Removed csgo check in gg_random_spawn.locations and just use the csgo functionality for all.
  • Fixed incorrect weapons being given based on the player's inventory in CS:GO.
  • Fixed attribute for newest SP changes (Entity.team -> Entity.team_index).
battleweaver

Postby battleweaver » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:10 pm

Good day everyone!
I tried chicken_hunt.cfg (custom and deathmatch game_type/mode CS:GO) and I did not get it. What is the main feature of this mode?
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:39 pm

I haven't released this yet, but here is the main sub-plugin for that gamemode:
https://github.com/satoon101/GunGame-ChickenHunt

Return to “Plugin Releases”