Ranking/Statistics System

A place for requesting new Source.Python plugins to be made for your server.

Please request only one plugin per thread.
La Muerte
Administrator

Ranking/Statistics System

Postby La Muerte » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:32 pm

Hello,

I'd like to request an in-game feature-rich Ranking/ Statistics System for CS:GO based of on GameME/ HLstatsX:CE or similar with all or most of its in-game features such as:

rank, place, next (show player ranked above you), top10/top12/top57/top100/... , kdr, session, ...

The in-game commands: rank, place, next, top15, kdr, session, etc must work with and without extra symbol such as ! in front of it

A web-interface is an extra, but a fully working and feature-rich in-game statistics system is definitely a priority and a must!

Willing to donate: yes.

Thanks in advance!
Muerte
iPlayer
Developer

Re: Ranking/Statistics System

Postby iPlayer » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:59 pm

I think I might do it. Not sure. If anyone wants to try, go ahead, don't count on me.

Web-interface would be a Flask (Python) application. If you need PHP-powered script, I'll pass on web counterpart.

Also, have you taken a look at MOTDPlayer installation process? I think I might find a good use for that package there.
Image /id/its_iPlayer
My plugins: Map Cycle • Killstreaker • DeadChat • Infinite Jumping • TripMines • AdPurge • Bot Damage • PLRBots • Entity AntiSpam

Hail, Companion. [...] Hands to yourself, sneak thief. Image
La Muerte
Administrator

Postby La Muerte » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:21 pm

The MOTDPlayer installation process seems very do-able. It does seem like a perfect use-case here.
Mahi

Postby Mahi » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:22 am

La Muerte wrote:I'd like to request an in-game feature-rich Ranking/ Statistics System for CS:GO based of on GameME/ HLstatsX:CE

I believe gameME already works on CS:GO, and it's very hard to compete with it... I'll start working on something! https://github.com/Mahi/RankMe
La Muerte
Administrator

Postby La Muerte » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:31 pm

Yeah it definitely is hard to compete with. Glad to hear you're on board with this!

Rankings just make community servers a lot more interesting IMO, regardless of whether they are running Gungame, WCS, RPG or something else entirely.
Mahi

Postby Mahi » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:25 am

It's technically working already. I mean, there's only one menu which displays your own stats, and doesn't display your actual rank out of all the ranks on the server... But it can be loaded and used!

Honestly I just wanted to say that I have little to no experience about the web side, so I pretty much need someone to take over that side. The plugin uses SQLAlchemy so it supports all of its included dialects, and while the default for the plugin is sqlite, I'd recommend to use this with something else like MySQL so it can be expanded on multiple servers and connected to through an external web API or something.

So unless someone else knows better, I'm currently thinking that the best way would be to keep the plugin unrelated to the web side, and then an external web application can connect to the same database. And this could be done with MOTD too, obviously, but not integrated into the core plugin.
iPlayer
Developer

Postby iPlayer » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:07 pm

Main goal of MOTDPlayer is player feedback to the server. Web-application is also guaranteed to know that this particular visitor has this particular SteamID coming from this particular server.

Unless there're things like:
1. Customizable settings shown inside of MOTD alongside with stats
2. Private stats (only shown to the player who those stats belong to)
there's no need in MOTDPlayer, regular web-app connected to the same database and then sent through MoTD will do it.

If there's need for private stats (or for the possibility to make some stats of yours private), it makes sense to utilize 2 web-apps:
1. MOTDPlayer web-app - automatic auth by SRCDS
2. Internet web-app - auth by Steam OpenID button
Image /id/its_iPlayer
My plugins: Map Cycle • Killstreaker • DeadChat • Infinite Jumping • TripMines • AdPurge • Bot Damage • PLRBots • Entity AntiSpam

iPlayer
Developer

Postby iPlayer » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:16 pm

If anyone's interested, my repo is https://github.com/KirillMysnik/ArcRank - and I am working on it currently
Image /id/its_iPlayer

La Muerte
Administrator

Postby La Muerte » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:19 pm

I'm glad to see you're working on this and specially that you are progressing so quickly. Looking forward to using it!
iPlayer
Developer

Postby iPlayer » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:57 pm

First collage

Accuracy > 1 can be explained. I've been shooting multiple bots with one bullet.

Total time / session time have not been implemented yet.
Image /id/its_iPlayer

iPlayer
Developer

Postby iPlayer » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:35 am

Little update on the web-interface
Image /id/its_iPlayer

decompile

Postby decompile » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:04 pm

That looks interesting! Keep up
iPlayer
Developer

Postby iPlayer » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:15 pm

decompile wrote:That looks interesting! Keep up

Thanks for support :)
Image /id/its_iPlayer

BarneyJ

Postby BarneyJ » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:14 am

And it nit that cheap and easy as I thought... Guys http://djangostars.com/blog/how-much-it-costs-to-build-a-web-application/ helped to sirt that out. Just FYI)

Return to “Plugin Requests”