Database connection closed in unload(), still closed after the next load()

Please post any questions about developing your plugin here. Please use the search function before posting!
Mahi

Database connection closed in unload(), still closed after the next load()

Postby Mahi » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:24 pm

I've been working on a new Hero-Wars based Warcraft mod for CS:GO with Predz. I took an approach where I create a Database class which connects to the SQL database in its __init__. The database object is initialized in the plugin's load() function. In the unload() function, I call the database's close() method which commits changes, closes the connection, and sets the connection to None.

It all works fine, until I reload the plugin, which is when I get an error that the database object's connection attribute is NoneType object (or if I don't set it to None in Database.close(), I get a "cannot operate on closed database" error):

Code: Select all

sp reload wcgo
[SP] Unloading plugin 'wcgo'...
[SP] Successfully unloaded plugin 'wcgo'.
[SP] Loading plugin 'wcgo'...
[SP] Successfully loaded plugin 'wcgo'.

[SP] Caught an Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File '..\addons\source-python\packages\source-python\events\listener.py', line
 92, in fire_game_event
    callback(game_event)
  File '..\addons\source-python\plugins\wcgo\wcgo.py', line 103, in _on_player_s
pawn
    database.save_player(player)
  File '..\addons\source-python\plugins\wcgo\database.py', line 50, in save_play
er
    self.connection.execute(

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'execute'

Here's the GitHub repository: https://github.com/Warcraft-GO-Team/Warcraft-GO
Here's the Database class: https://github.com/Warcraft-GO-Team/Warcraft-GO/blob/master/addons/source-python/plugins/wcgo/database.py
Here are the load() and unload() functions: https://github.com/Warcraft-GO-Team/Warcraft-GO/blob/master/addons/source-python/plugins/wcgo/wcgo.py#L38-L66

I've been trying to figure this out for quite a while. It's as if the plugin's load() is called before the previous unload() is finished, but I tried adding prints and that was not true at all. I also tried "sp unload wcgo" and then wait a few seconds before "sp load wcgo" without any success, so it's not that. Somehow the database object is not reset when I reload the plugin. Any ideas?
Mahi

Postby Mahi » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:41 pm

Apparently every time I reload the plugin, I get one more error (although the exact same error) from player_spawn, and always one player_spawn succeeds. So first time I load the plugin -> player_spawn succeeds. Second load -> one player_spawn succeeds and one error is raised due to connection being None. On third load -> one success and two failures.

Could this be a bug about the old player_spawn callback not unregistering for one reason or another?
Mahi

Postby Mahi » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:50 pm

Solved! The issue was caused because I had two functions with the same name, and apparently AutoUnload unloads things by looping over the names in modules. I wasn't aware of this and thought it registers every callback into a list and then loops through that list to unload them (why doesn't it do it that way?).

Return to “Plugin Development Support”