Giving information to a player

Please post any questions about developing your plugin here. Please use the search function before posting!
arawra

Giving information to a player

Postby arawra » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:15 am

So with the addon I'm developing, I've got quite a bit of information to display. Is it still possible to embed websites into a dynamic MOTD-style message? What other ways are there to do this besides flooding a user's chat box or sending them popup menus?
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:58 pm

It is definitely possible to do this on orangebox games. I have read that getting MOTD messages to work on csgo is a bit more complicated, but not sure how.
necavi
Developer

Postby necavi » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:25 am

There's also the I believe it is KeyHudHint usermessage or something to that effect, in CS:S it shows up on the right hand side of the screen close to the middle and can show quite a few lines of text.
stonedegg

Postby stonedegg » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:02 pm

necavi wrote:There's also the I believe it is KeyHudHint usermessage or something to that effect, in CS:S it shows up on the right hand side of the screen close to the middle and can show quite a few lines of text.

That's not available in cs:go afaik.

@arawra: you could use hudhint as well, but in cs:go it allows only 3 lines to be displayed.
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:05 pm

Well, that usermessage (which is actually KeyHintText) is available in csgo, but it uses the same location as HintText. For orangebox games, you can also use HudMsg. I don't have time to provide an example, unfortunately. We really need to get the messages documented on the wiki very soon.

The cool thing with HintText in csgo is that you can use html to modify the font:
http://forums.sourcepython.com/showthread.php?683&p=3775&viewfull=1#post3775

Return to “Plugin Development Support”