Pointers needed

Please post any questions about developing your plugin here. Please use the search function before posting!
psyche

Pointers needed

Postby psyche » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:10 pm

Hi all,

I'm new to Python, meaning I only edited some scripts for ES and never created anything myself (though I have lots of experience from other languages) so I'd like to apologize in advance for any silly questions I might come up with.

Currently I'm working on a gather section on IRC for CS:GO and the IRC part is done (written in TCL for Eggdrop).
Next step in my project is the server-sided handling where I want to avoid giving admins the rcon to control the servers.
All users are added with STEAMID to a MySQL database (external access has been setup).

I want the admins to be able to use commands directly in the console, like; start, pregame, kick and so on.
When triggering these commands, I want to check if the users STEAMID, via the MySQL database, has admin rights and if so, perform what's needed.

Because there is a lack of examples and tutorials for SP, I'm hoping to get some advise and pointers from the users here on the forum.
After checking around on the forum, I've gotten a bit confused as most of the posts here doesn't tell exactly what's needed for the things I've stated above.
Let me just point out that I'm searching for someone to make anything for me but simply get some pointers to how I can achieve what I stated above regarding what to import and perhaps an example of how I would set up the code.

I hope someone is able to help out.
Thanks in advance. ;)

//psyche
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:04 pm

We haven't written any of the code required to do what you are looking to do at this point. Writing a plugin from the ground up takes time, so please be patient.

Satoon
Monday
Administrator

Postby Monday » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:11 am

I think we have some of that functionality already added with engine... but i dont think we have documented any of it yet.
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:22 pm

The only thing mentioned that we do have is the ability to get a player's SteamID. We still do not have command support or an Auth service. These are still being worked on. Also, we are considering whether or not to add MySQL to our site-packages.

Satoon
Monday
Administrator

Postby Monday » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:18 pm

satoon101 wrote:The only thing mentioned that we do have is the ability to get a player's SteamID. We still do not have command support or an Auth service. These are still being worked on. Also, we are considering whether or not to add MySQL to our site-packages.

Satoon

Syntax: Select all

// For stephen
CLASS_METHOD(IVEngineServer,
ServerCommand,
"Issues a command to the command parser as if it was typed at the server console.",
args("command")
)

Does this not work then?
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:20 pm

To send a command, not to hook one.

Satoon
your-name-here
Developer

Postby your-name-here » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:21 pm

Command hooking is not implemented in the C++ core right now. It will be soon.
Monday
Administrator

Postby Monday » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:25 pm

I reread the question and think I misunderstood him the first time. I thought he was trying to pass rcon commands from the eggdrop for some reason.

Return to “Plugin Development Support”