`GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found

Please post any questions about developing your plugin here. Please use the search function before posting!
edcolmar

`GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found

Postby edcolmar » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:00 pm

Hello all.

I have had some moderate success developing for sourcepython using the prebuilt zip on linux. However the lack of debugging information has made it all but impossible to work on.

I have attempted to build from source using the instructions found here:

http://www.sourcepython.com/showwiki.php?title=Wiki:Building+From+Source

When running my CS:GO server I get the following error:

failed to dlopen /home/admin/Steam/SteamApps/common/Counter-Strike Global Offensive Beta - Dedicated Server/csgo/addons/source-python/bin/core.so error=./bin/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by /home/admin/Steam/SteamApps/common/Counter-Strike Global Offensive Beta - Dedicated Server/csgo/addons/source-python/bin/core.so)
===========================================
[SP-LOADER] Could not load the /home/admin/Steam/SteamApps/common/Counter-Strike Global Offensive Beta - Dedicated Server/csgo/addons/source-python/bin/core.so!
===========================================
Failed to load plugin "addons/source-python"

Any suggestions on how I can fix this? Alternatively, does there happen to be a prebuilt package with debug enabled?

Thanks so much.
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:42 am

After you have started your server once, the file ../cfg/source-python/core_settings.ini should be created. Edit the file to your liking. The Logging section deals with debugging.

Satoon
Omega_K2

Postby Omega_K2 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:59 pm

Install a newer libc++, SP is linked against a newer one so it does not work if your system uses an old version. Alternatively, if no newer version is available, try to compile yourself to link against YOUR version or get a newer version and install it locally for the specific source server.

satoon101 wrote:After you have started your server once, the file ../cfg/source-python/core_settings.ini should be created. Edit the file to your liking. The Logging section deals with debugging.

Satoon

The error is acutally in the message in this case.
Libraries: k2tools
Plugins (any): GSRPG (soon) | Pretty Status List | MySQLAds (soon)
Plugins (game-specific): None atm

If you happen to find a bug or need help, either post in the release threads or contact me in IRC gamesurge.net:6667 / #sourcepython

Return to “Plugin Development Support”