Conflict with SM plugin with both addons on

Please post any questions about developing your plugin here. Please use the search function before posting!
adrianilloo

Conflict with SM plugin with both addons on

Postby adrianilloo » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:16 pm

Hi there,

I'm using a SourceMod plugin (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=729788) which works fine when Source.Python isn't installed, but when both core addons live together (SM and SPy), problem arises. Under this setup, that custom plugin reacts wrongly to saysounds triggers by always warning the player for spam over chat triggers, where it shouldn't. I only can guess the say command is being triggered twice in the same frame for some reason. Sample explanatory screenshot attached.

According to some possible related research (viewtopic.php?t=1449), I have tried to late load either addons, by performing the plugin_load <name> on autoexec.cfg + <name>.vdf files disabling "exclusive" mechanisms, but these are the results:

- If I force SP to load after MM/SM: same chat trigger issue happens (no other stuff is noticeably broken, initially)
- If I force MM to load after SP: default console commands stop working (every?), and return "Unknown command <...>" errors (making it unworth to test further)

I'm not sure how I could fix this. I know it may be difficult. Waiting for you to maybe throw me some hints.

By the way, I'm running Ubuntu 20.04 (64 bits), with the proper various i386 required and/or optional libraries for clean SRCDS console execution and Source.Python, accordingly.

Thanks!
Attachments
20210811184702_1.jpg
20210811184702_1.jpg (36.32 KiB) Viewed 3065 times

Return to “Plugin Development Support”