Healing and Hopefully Better Questions

Please post any questions about developing your plugin here. Please use the search function before posting!
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:33 pm

paytonpenn wrote:I would've posted the error earlier but there isn't easy copying and pasting.
Sorry for double post, but I just noticed this in your post.

Yes, using the console doesn't make it easy to copy paste. We do plan on including a logging system at some point that will make this much easier, but I am not sure when that will be added. The way I do it, for now, is to right click on the top of the console and go to Edit->Select All. Then, right click on the top again, and go to Edit->Copy. Next, create a new text document on the desktop, open it, and paste what you have copied. Remove everything from the pasted text except for the Traceback. Taking a picture works, too, obviously.

Satoon
paytonpenn

Postby paytonpenn » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:17 am

Works perfectly. Have key commands been implemented? http://www.eventscripts.com/pages/Es_key_commands
Logifl3x

Postby Logifl3x » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:53 am

I wouldn't be surprised if key commands were not implemented. Python can already do those things using dicts, sql and ini files. I know there are other ways to do so in python but these were the first few that I had thought of.
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:53 am

We do plan on implementing KeyValues to parse .res files, but as Logifl3x said, there really is no need for es_key_ commands, as Python has other ways to handle these types of things.

Satoon

Return to “Plugin Development Support”