CSGO: Random bots spawn

Please post any questions about developing your plugin here. Please use the search function before posting!
khaimovmr

CSGO: Random bots spawn

Postby khaimovmr » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:27 am

Hey, guys!

I'm trying to find a correct approach to implement random spawning the bots near to the player.
I want to make those bots spawn in a periodical manner within some range around. It would be great if it will be a real random location but the spawn on nearby bot waypoints or maybe on other points that every CS map have - would be great.

Can you give me a clue - where to dig?

Thank you!
khaimovmr

Re: CSGO: Random bots spawn

Postby khaimovmr » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:27 pm

Bump up.

Guys, maybe something? )
Ayuto
Project Leader

Postby Ayuto » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:43 pm

A good start would be to take a look at the *.nav files to see what information they contain. IIRC, there are Python libraries to parse them.
khaimovmr

Postby khaimovmr » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:17 pm

Ayuto wrote:A good start would be to take a look at the *.nav files to see what information they contain. IIRC, there are Python libraries to parse them.

Thank you, Ayuto! I'll dig this way.
L'In20Cible
Project Leader

Postby L'In20Cible » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:11 am

I'm fairly sure I remember seeing a method used to select a spawnpoint for player. Hooking that method could allow you to create or move a spawnpoint to any location of your choice before returning it. I will see if I can find its name again.

EDIT: The method is CBasePlayer::EntSelectSpawnPoint. If you pre-hook it, you could return any spawnpoint entity located at the position of your choice.

Return to “Plugin Development Support”