CSS models into CSGO

Please post any questions about developing your plugin here. Please use the search function before posting!
velocity

CSS models into CSGO

Postby velocity » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:21 pm

So I have this crazy idea, I want to use CS:S player models in CS:GO. Where do I get started? I don't know where I download them.
VinciT

Re: CSS models into CSGO

Postby VinciT » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:58 pm

As for getting the models, you can extract them from your CS:S files.
Download GCFScape, go to your CS:S files (..\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike), and open the cstrike_pak_dir.vpk with GCFScape.

On the left side, expand the models folder and then select the player folder. You should see all the player models in here (https://i.imgur.com/COpVePt.png).
Grab the dx90.vtx, mdl, phy, and vvd files of the model you want. CS:GO doesn't seem to be using dx80.vtx and sw.vtx. You'll probably need the materials for those models as well, so head over to materials > models > player and get the materials you need. Extract the models and materials to your CS:GO server, remember to keep the same folder structure.

I'm not sure if these models will work in CS:GO right away, you might need to recompile them specifically for CS:GO.
If that doesn't work out for you, you can always try extracting the models from Classic Offensive. Those models were made for the CS:GO engine.

Return to “Plugin Development Support”