Markdown in MOTD

Please post any questions about developing your plugin here. Please use the search function before posting!
BackRaw

Markdown in MOTD

Postby BackRaw » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:59 am

Hi,

is it possible to use Markdown in a MOTD instead of HTML?

Thanks!
L'In20Cible
Project Leader

Re: Markdown in MOTD

Postby L'In20Cible » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:38 am

I doubt it. I know you can send plain text, url and html files. Really unsure if the clients are able to make the difference from the files content... pretty sure it won't but, did you try? If you want to use markdown tho, you could always convert your files to html before sending them to clients; there is a lot of python packages shared around (e.g SuperMarkdown).
BackRaw

Postby BackRaw » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:30 pm

L'In20Cible wrote:I doubt it. I know you can send plain text, url and html files. Really unsure if the clients are able to make the difference from the files content... pretty sure it won't but, did you try? If you want to use markdown tho, you could always convert your files to html before sending them to clients; there is a lot of python packages shared around (e.g SuperMarkdown).

I didn't try, I was just curious. Yeah, I was thinking about converting too. I'll probably have to come up with something myself, or maybe develop a custom package for SP :D
iPlayer
Developer

Postby iPlayer » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:08 am

I'd also note that I've failed to send HTML files in CS:GO. The client console said that the URL should either start with http/https or be about:blank. Looks like they've removed that feature. You should now upload your HTML files to the actual internets.
Image /id/its_iPlayer
My plugins: Map Cycle • Killstreaker • DeadChat • Infinite Jumping • TripMines • AdPurge • Bot Damage • PLRBots • Entity AntiSpam

Hail, Companion. [...] Hands to yourself, sneak thief. Image

Return to “Plugin Development Support”