WeaponID

Please post any questions about developing your plugin here. Please use the search function before posting!
Kami
Global Moderator

WeaponID

Postby Kami » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:21 pm

Hello guys,

if been reworking a restriction system I made and I used this hook to determine which weapon was bought:

Syntax: Select all

@EntityPreHook(EntityCondition.is_player, 'buy_internal')
def pre_buy(args):
"""Called when a player is about to buy something."""
# Get a PlayerEntity object from the pointer passed
player = Player(index_from_pointer(args[0]))
userid = player.userid

# Get the weapon name the player is about to buy
weapon = 'weapon_'+args[1]

The problem is that args[1] does no longer return a weapons name but rather a number. I looked for the WeaponID constants and when I printed args[1] I found that the numbers did not match. AK47 for example is defined as 27 in the constants but when I buy it it prints 15. AWP is defined as 17 but prints 18 for me.

The question is if the data is outdated or if I'm doing something wrong.

Thank you :)
satoon101
Project Leader

Re: WeaponID

Postby satoon101 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:38 pm

In case you are unaware, SP has a restriction system you can either use directly or inherit from:
https://github.com/Source-Python-Dev-Te ... ictions.py

Also, which game is this for? If it's for CS:GO, the name should be in the 3rd position:
https://github.com/Source-Python-Dev-Te ... ns.py#L402

*Edit: I guess I missed the "TODO" right above in the last link I gave. Hmmm...we'll have to figure out what that number means, because for my limited testing just now, the 3rd parameter is always an empty string. The integer in the 2nd parameter seems to be consistent, but I'll have to do more testing to verify. That number does not correspond to the ItemDefinitionIndex, unfortunately.
Kami
Global Moderator

Postby Kami » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:10 pm

Thank you for your answer. I am aware that there is already a restrictions system provided by Source Python, I'm just trying to figure out myself how to do certain things and how they work^^

I tried printing args[2]:

@EntityPreHook(EntityCondition.is_player, 'buy_internal')
def pre_buy(args):
"""Called when a player is about to buy something."""
# Get a PlayerEntity object from the pointer passed
player = Player(index_from_pointer(args[0]))
userid = player.userid
if userid not in restrictions:
restrictions[userid] = ""

# Get the weapon name the player is about to buy
core.console_message("Weapon: "+args[2])

but it does not print anything after "Weapon: ", so it seems args[2] is empty
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:13 pm

Yeah, I edited my post right before you posted. The only parameter that seems useful is the 2nd one (integer), but it seems to be the same for USP-S and P2000, so I'm really not sure at the moment what to do.
Kami
Global Moderator

Postby Kami » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:25 pm

So in order to get the restrictions to work I'd have to go through all weapons and write the number down, right?

Also, when I tried using the source python restrictions i get this error:

When I looked through the restrictions.py I could only find the line where it creates the dict, but not where it adds the player to it. Not sure if thats needed here though. I'm a bit confused sorry :D
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:34 pm

Well, again, even writing all the numbers down won't fully help. The same integer was given in my testing for USP-S and P2000, which are based on player inventory preferences.

As for your error, you likely overwrite the __init__ method and don't call super().__init__, since it says it has no attribute "player_restrictions".
Kami
Global Moderator

Postby Kami » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:43 pm

Okay, I found the error, I used WeaponRestrictionHandler not WeaponRestrictionHandler().

Even though buying the weapon cannot be prevented I think that's just a minor problem, as the other parts of restricting still seem to work.

Thank you for helping me out :)

€: Also the number seems to be the slot number on the buy menu. like the pistols go from 1 - 5 then mps 8 -12 and so on. I doubt you can read info from that slot that leads to what weapon exactly the user has equipped, without accessing the inventory info and checking which weapon he has in that slot.
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:47 pm

Kami wrote:Okay, I found the error, I used WeaponRestrictionHandler not WeaponRestrictionHandler().

Ah, yeah, that would do it, as well. Although, you should only have one instance of the handler instead of constantly creating them. I would suggest creating 1 instance in the global scope and then using that instance to add/remove restrictions.
Kami
Global Moderator

Postby Kami » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:22 pm

I just did a test with SourceMod, and it seems that they figured out how to to this. I tried to go through the source code but I could not figure out exactly how. Maybe more experienced people can do it! :)
L'In20Cible
Project Leader

Postby L'In20Cible » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:33 pm

Kami wrote:The question is if the data is outdated or if I'm doing something wrong.

Probably is. The bastards at VALVe are changing weapons stuff daily for CS:GO. :tongue:
BackRaw

Postby BackRaw » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:09 pm

Kinda OT question: Nothing to do with weapon restrictions but the buy command. An entity pre hook on buy_internal as well as the client command buy all return "unused" as the weapon name (SP build #666) - only tested on CSGO. I'm sorry if this has already been pointed out, but I can't find anything on the forums. Is this issue known?
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:33 pm

I'm not sure where you are seeing "unused", but as noted in the discussion above, it is messed up in CS:GO. Right now, the buy_internal hook yields values similar to the following:

(<_memory.Pointer object at 0x1BEC4710>, 15, '', True)

The first argument is the Player. The third used to be where the item name was, but that changed more than a year ago now. It now passes the integer as the second argument. Unfortunately, depending on the player's personal inventory choices, the weapon there is not necessarily exclusive to 1 type. For instance, USP-S and P2000 will give the same value for that argument, so it's difficult to know which one it's "supposed" to be. I'm not even sure we have a way of checking the player's inventory to know which weapon to check against, at least not 'easily'.
BackRaw

Postby BackRaw » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:10 pm

satoon101 wrote:I'm not sure where you are seeing "unused", but as noted in the discussion above, it is messed up in CS:GO. Right now, the buy_internal hook yields values similar to the following:

(<_memory.Pointer object at 0x1BEC4710>, 15, '', True)
Sorry, my memory was faulty. For the hook the empty string is returned and for the client command "unused" is returned.

satoon101 wrote:The first argument is the Player. The third used to be where the item name was, but that changed more than a year ago now. It now passes the integer as the second argument. Unfortunately, depending on the player's personal inventory choices, the weapon there is not necessarily exclusive to 1 type. For instance, USP-S and P2000 will give the same value for that argument, so it's difficult to know which one it's "supposed" to be. I'm not even sure we have a way of checking the player's inventory to know which weapon to check against, at least not 'easily'.
Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't know this has been the way for a year now. So basically at the moment any buy hook (entity or client command) won't return the correct weapon the player is about to buy and there's no fix for it in the foreseeable future?
Ayuto
Project Leader

Postby Ayuto » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:42 pm

It's possible to get the weapon. This is how the SM guys did it:
https://github.com/alliedmodders/source ... /659/files
BackRaw

Postby BackRaw » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:54 pm

Ayuto wrote:It's possible to get the weapon. This is how the SM guys did it:
https://github.com/alliedmodders/source ... /659/files

Nice! Time to study then? :D
Ayuto
Project Leader

Postby Ayuto » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:05 pm

I know what's happening there, but never found the motivation/time to add it to SP.

Return to “Plugin Development Support”