Damaging player via point_hurt

Please post any questions about developing your plugin here. Please use the search function before posting!
Tuck
Global Moderator

Damaging player via point_hurt

Postby Tuck » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:47 pm

Is this being worked on the - player.health is kinda rather buggy to use since it can crash clients if he is set to be on zero health :/

If it has already been added please post an example need this feature :P
-Tuck
Tuck
Global Moderator

Postby Tuck » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:25 pm

Doesn't look like anybody knows how to do this so another question would be for the devs, when can it be added i've been wanting this before client filtering and as i see it, it's easier todo then client command filtering ?
-Tuck
L'In20Cible
Project Leader

Postby L'In20Cible » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:36 pm

Hey Tuck,

Setting the player health to 0 doesn't actually kill the player → it just makes the server crazy. You need to kill him. Your best bet for now is to sigscan CCSPlayer::CommitSuicide to kill him. I'd like to sigscan it for you but... I can't... :o

Also, this topic is kinda a double of this one, imo...

L'In20Cible
Tuck
Global Moderator

Postby Tuck » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:03 pm

L'In20Cible wrote:Hey Tuck,

Setting the player health to 0 doesn't actually kill the player → it just makes the server crazy. You need to kill him. Your best bet for now is to sigscan CCSPlayer::CommitSuicide to kill him. I'd like to sigscan it for you but... I can't... :o

Also, this topic is kinda a double of this one, imo...

L'In20Cible

I never had the server crash but when a player gets set bellow zero he gets frozen and cannot move, if you then try to lower his health even more when he died, client crashes (something like that)

Ups, i though i posted that on the old forums, deleted that double.

However does anybody have an ETA on when this feature will be implented ? :/
-Tuck
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:45 pm

"Damage", itself, is not a "feature" that can be implemented. I have not had a chance to look into the best way to accomplish this, as of yet. There is no ETA on "any" features/abilities of this plugin. Things get done when they get done. And no, the ability to damage a player is definitely not "easier" to add than client command registering/filtering...

Satoon
Tuck
Global Moderator

Postby Tuck » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:31 am

Oh i though this could be done with keyvalues in edict_t or something?

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=111684
DispatchKeyValue
DispatchSpawn
AcceptEntityInput
RemoveEdict
-Tuck
L'In20Cible
Project Leader

Postby L'In20Cible » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:31 am

Hey Tuck,

The problem is that CBaseEntity::AcceptInput requires a variant_t object as parameter which can't be used directly since it is not public. I'm sure we can wrap it and then, expose it but I don't think it is a priority. For now, just kill the player and let him rest in peace. :)

L'In20Cible

Return to “Plugin Development Support”