[CSGO] How can I disable the new client-side landing animation?

Please post any questions about developing your plugin here. Please use the search function before posting!
Jake

[CSGO] How can I disable the new client-side landing animation?

Postby Jake » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:28 am

I'm trying to disable the new client-side camera animation that occurs when a player falls from a height or simply jumps. I dug around through some properties and found that setting m_bClientSideAnimation to False disables the camera animation but also introduces a number of other funny issues, such as viewmodel hands disappearing and other player's leg animations getting a little wacky. Maybe there's another property for it?
L'In20Cible
Project Leader

Re: [CSGO] How can I disable the new client-side landing animation?

Postby L'In20Cible » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:41 am

By setting m_bClientSideAnimation to False, you tell the clients to stop predicting animations, so the fact it does disable that effect tell us it is entirely handled client-side and there is nothing we can do from a server-side plugin. I'm pretty sure there will be enough complains for them to add a client cvar disabling that at some point (if not already added).
D3CEPTION

Re: [CSGO] How can I disable the new client-side landing animation?

Postby D3CEPTION » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:13 am

well, surely you can try to fix your issue serverside. by looking into the client function, and if you can precict the outcome, call the reversed animation from server to create an animation equilibrium. although if you cant predict the outcome, after looking into the client function @L'In20Cible is right and it wont work

Return to “Plugin Development Support”