SourceMod Access

Please post any questions about developing your plugin here. Please use the search function before posting!
roflmuffin

SourceMod Access

Postby roflmuffin » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:10 am

Hi all,

I am wondering if it is at all possible to interop with SourceMod plugins in any way. There are a few large SM plugins that I would still like to communicate with through natives etc. but obviously cannot as the plugin will be written in Source.Python.

Does anyone know if it possible through some memory wizardry to either access SourceMod's memory or run a native exposed by a plugin in SourceMod.

Ideally I would like to write my plugin in Source.Python but it may not be possible without access to the natives.
necavi
Developer

Postby necavi » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:34 am

Which natives in particular are you missing?
roflmuffin

Postby roflmuffin » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:36 am

stonedegg

Postby stonedegg » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:16 am

Servercommands is probably the thing you are looking for. You can run python code in a servercommand registered by SP that is executed by a SM plugin, or the other way around.
Doldol

Postby Doldol » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:55 am

Sockets anyone? I'm pretty sure SM supports those and Python (and by extension SourcePython) surely does. Source server commands are usually not secure enough, anyone with the RCON password could mess with the internals of a program, which is something you don't want.

Return to “Plugin Development Support”