Dependencies Required

All other Source.Python topics and issues.
regen

Dependencies Required

Postby regen » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:12 am

I am trying to run sourcepython for CSGO (May 21). What dependencies are required for Ubuntu 14.04 64bit?

Edit: Can sourcepython work with Gentoo 64 bit and multilib? Has anyone figured out how?
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:31 am

Have you tried it yet? What issues are you encountering? I use Fedora, and it works fine for me. Though, I don't use 64-bit. I seem to remember having an issue with my old 64-bit Ubuntu and sqlite3 back in the early development stages of SP (sometime in 2012). I am not certain if that is still an issue or not, since I made the switch back to 32-bit since then and have not had that issue.
regen

Postby regen » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:32 am

ImportError: libz.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or director y
[Source.Python] Failed to load.
[Source.Python] Could not initialize python.
Failed to load plugin "addons/source-python"
[Source.Python] Unloading...

It has been worked on a manged hosting service with Gentoo 64 bit, cannot get any more information.
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:53 am

regen

Postby regen » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:03 am

emerge zlib

Installed sys-libs/zlib-1.2.8-r1::gentoo

It is running now on Gentoo x64.
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:48 am

Awesome! Glad to hear you got it working.
regen

Postby regen » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:40 pm

I am still trying to get Source Python to load on Ubuntu 14.04 x64 (different host). I already tried installing zlib1g-dev:i386, but I keep getting these errors.

[Source.Python] Loading...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/csgoserver/serverfiles/csgo/addons/source-python/packages/source-python/__init__.py", line 36, in load
setup_hooks()
File "/home/csgoserver/serverfiles/csgo/addons/source-python/packages/source-python/__init__.py", line 56, in setup_hooks
from hooks.exceptions import except_hooks
File "/home/csgoserver/serverfiles/csgo/addons/source-python/packages/source-python/hooks/__init__.py", line 10, in <module>
from loggers import _sp_logger
File "/home/csgoserver/serverfiles/csgo/addons/source-python/packages/source-python/loggers.py", line 325, in <module>
'%m-%d-%Y %H:%M:%S')
File "/home/csgoserver/serverfiles/csgo/addons/source-python/packages/source-python/loggers.py", line 295, in __init__
self._handler = FileHandler(LOG_PATH.joinpath(filepath + '.log'))
File "/home/csgoserver/serverfiles/csgo/addons/source-python/Python3/logging/__init__.py", line 999, in __init__
StreamHandler.__init__(self, self._open())
File "/home/csgoserver/serverfiles/csgo/addons/source-python/Python3/logging/__init__.py", line 1023, in _open
return open(self.baseFilename, self.mode, encoding=self.encoding)
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/home/csgoserver/serverfiles/csgo/logs/source-python/source-python.07-03-2015.log'
[Source.Python] Failed to load.
[Source.Python] Could not initialize python.
Failed to load plugin "addons/source-python"
[Source.Python] Unloading...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/csgoserver/serverfiles/csgo/addons/source-python/packages/source-python/__init__.py", line 47, in unload
unload_plugins()
File "/home/csgoserver/serverfiles/csgo/addons/source-python/packages/source-python/__init__.py", line 207, in unload_plugins
from core.manager import core_plugin_manager
File "/home/csgoserver/serverfiles/csgo/addons/source-python/packages/source-python/core/__init__.py", line 27, in <module>
from loggers import _sp_logger
File "/home/csgoserver/serverfiles/csgo/addons/source-python/packages/source-python/loggers.py", line 325, in <module>
'%m-%d-%Y %H:%M:%S')
File "/home/csgoserver/serverfiles/csgo/addons/source-python/packages/source-python/loggers.py", line 295, in __init__
self._handler = FileHandler(LOG_PATH.joinpath(filepath + '.log'))
File "/home/csgoserver/serverfiles/csgo/addons/source-python/Python3/logging/__init__.py", line 999, in __init__
StreamHandler.__init__(self, self._open())
File "/home/csgoserver/serverfiles/csgo/addons/source-python/Python3/logging/__init__.py", line 1023, in _open
return open(self.baseFilename, self.mode, encoding=self.encoding)
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/home/csgoserver/serverfiles/csgo/logs/source-python/source-python.07-03-2015.log'
[Source.Python] Failed to unload.
[Source.Python] Unloaded successfully.
stonedegg

Postby stonedegg » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:16 pm

Looks like your user does not have rights to create files, message your host about that if you can't set the necessary rights yourself.
regen

Postby regen » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:03 pm

I changed the permissions, Source Python will still not load. Has anyone managed to run Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit successfully?
Ayuto
Project Leader

Postby Ayuto » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:12 pm

Which permissions did you grant your user? And to which files/directories?
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:09 pm

Along with what Ayuto asked, I have to ask are you getting the same error or a new one now? If it is the same one, or at least it is still a PermissionError, make sure that the user that has permission to start the server also has read/write permissions on at least the following directories within your server's directory:

• ../addons/source-python/
  • ../cfg/source-python/
  • ../logs/source-python/
  • ../resource/source-python/

Though, really, they should have read/write access to the server's entire directory. But, the ones listed above are the directories Source.Python's API reads and writes from.
regen

Postby regen » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:26 pm

I had to change ownership of the /logs/source-python/ folder to the user that has permission to start/stop the server. Thank you both for your responses.

Sorry for my delay in responding.

Return to “General Discussion”