Issues List

All other Source.Python topics and issues.
satoon101
Project Leader

Issues List

Postby satoon101 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:15 am

Just a quick note, but if anyone happens to notice a bug/issue in the code, please feel free to post it on our issues list:
https://github.com/Source-Python-Dev-Team/Source.Python/issues

Please be very thorough about what the bug/issue is, and provide as much information as possible. Providing code to fix the bug/issue would be awesome! We will work on each issue in due course.

Thank you,
Satoon
Monday
Administrator

Postby Monday » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:14 pm

Also.. make sure you are running the latest build before posting!
Manifest

Postby Manifest » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:25 pm

Hi there SourcePython developing team!

First off I'd like to thank you all for all your effort and energy that you have put into this project and all the tools you have provided us with, it's very much appreciated.
That being said I think I have found a bug, whether it is the code for the temp entities, or the engine in CS:GO itself, I do not actually know.

The bug that I have encountered is when you are trying to use temp_entities.beam_points and setting the start and end width to be two different values.
I've previously worked with ES:S in CS:S and when defining 2 different kinds of width it worked just fine.

However I am now trying out the same thing in source python, in CS:GO and it does not seem to work as I intend it to.
It is supposed to make the line get bigger/wider in one of the ends, however that is not the case, no matter which values you put in the start and end width the line always stay the same as one of the values.

E.g. a start width of 5 and an end width of 20 will then be a straight line with no change, probably using the start and end width of either 5 or 20.
If you guys want a look at it for yourself here is the example I used when noticing this:

laser = model('sprites/laser.vmt')

location1 = defender.origin
location2 = defender.origin
location1.z += 5
location2.z += 140
temp_entities.beam_points(self._recipients, 0, location1, location2, laser.index, laser.index, 10, 10, 1, 5, 50, 0, 0, 255, 150, 150, 170, 1)

I hope this information is detailed and explained well enough, I did my best to explain it in the best way I could.
I hope you guys will be able to fix this issue as it will open up for a lot more of opportunities when it comes to working with effects in SourcePython.

Sincerely
- Manifest
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:30 pm

Could you please post that on our issues list instead of this thread? Thank you.
velocity

Re: Issues List

Postby velocity » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:16 pm

I posted an issue sometime ago. I wonder if it got resolved, it is still marked as a bug.
Ayuto
Project Leader

Postby Ayuto » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:30 am

If it has been identified as a bug, it will always be marked as a bug. It depends on the state of the issue (open or closed) whether or not it has been resolved.
velocity

Postby velocity » Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:26 pm

SourcePython not working signatures need to be updated:
https://github.com/Source-Python-Dev-Te ... issues/462

Signatures:
https://github.com/alliedmodders/source ... e.csgo.txt

Sorry for posting here. :cool:

Return to “General Discussion”