Edit forum posts

All other Source.Python topics and issues.
SkinN

Edit forum posts

Postby SkinN » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:16 pm

Hi,

I don't know if it's just me, but I can't edit my own posts in this forum. Is actually disabled for everybody or did you just forgot to enable it?

Thanks in advance.

SkinN!
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:42 pm

You should be able to edit. The permission is set for Registered Users to allow editing own posts and the time limit is set to 0, which means indefinite. Are you sure you don't see an "Edit Post" button under each and every one of your posts?
Doldol

Postby Doldol » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:30 pm

Yeah, works for me.
Hedgehog

Postby Hedgehog » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:49 am

Maybe you haven't confirmed your email address?

Some forum engines (not sure about vBulletin 4) have restrictions for users with no confirmed email by default.
SkinN

Postby SkinN » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:06 am

I do see the Edit buttons, and actually if I press it it goes to the edit page, but theres no text box, theres only a smaller box to give a reason of the edit.
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:49 am

What OS and browser is this with? When I click the Edit Post button, it doesn't go to a separate page, it just opens up the editor within the current page. Also, maybe try using a different setting in your General Settings for Message Editor Interface. Mine is set to Standard, which I believe is default.
SkinN

Postby SkinN » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:07 pm

satoon101 wrote:What OS and browser is this with? When I click the Edit Post button, it doesn't go to a separate page, it just opens up the editor within the current page. Also, maybe try using a different setting in your General Settings for Message Editor Interface. Mine is set to Standard, which I believe is default.

Oh yes, you are right, it doesn't open another page, but the edit box. Still, I cannot write anything on it, I tried to change the edit box thing on the General Settings as you told me, but still does't work for me.

SkinN!

PS: If it still interests you, I'm on Win 8.1 and using Chrome.
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:27 am

Well, unfortunately, I cannot test on Windows 8, as I will never own a computer with that OS. I do however, myself, use Chrome on Windows 7, and it works perfectly fine. I have tested with Firefox and IE 11, and they work fine, as well.
La Muerte
Administrator

Postby La Muerte » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:17 pm

Hedgehog wrote:Maybe you haven't confirmed your email address?

Some forum engines (not sure about vBulletin 4) have restrictions for users with no confirmed email by default.

Have you?

Also, could you try and see if this issue also occurs on a different web browser? That'll help us tie down where the issue comes from as it might just be a browser plugin.
SkinN

Postby SkinN » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:00 pm

It seems like the problem is the Chrome, I tried to edit a post of mine with Explorer and it works fine.

Can any one guess what this could be?

SkinN!
La Muerte
Administrator

Postby La Muerte » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:40 am

Likely one of your chrome extensions/ plugins, as others using Chrome (like myself) don't seem to have this issue.

Try disabling them one by one?

When you click edit does it leave a spinning circle?
And does it open by right clicking and opening in a new tab?
SkinN

Postby SkinN » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:37 pm

La Muerte wrote:Likely one of your chrome extensions/ plugins, as others using Chrome (like myself) don't seem to have this issue.

Try disabling them one by one?

When you click edit does it leave a spinning circle?
And does it open by right clicking and opening in a new tab?

You were right, adblock was the problem. Although I had to completely remove it in order for this to work, disabling it or adding http://www.sourcepython.com/ to it's exceptions did not work.

Thanks anyway. ;)

Return to “General Discussion”