Could you get banned for this?

All other Source.Python topics and issues.
Grubbsy

Could you get banned for this?

Postby Grubbsy » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:01 pm

CSGO back in 2015ish had stated that they were going to begin banning servers that were falsifying player inventories

https://blog.counter-strike.net/index.p ... uidelines/

I was wondering if it's now possible to get banned for using a custom player model plugin as the recent Operation/if this guideline always stated this and people have violated it in that way?

Now I'm only asking this as I'm a bit of an asset hoarder, with a mapping career of over a year and decompiling maps and joining hundreds of community servers I've probably got over 200 custom player models in my assets folders that I've been wanting to use on my server.

I went through my model list for player models cause I was bored, some of the characters include,
all the l4d characters
4 variations of Miku
Niko from GTA
Trevor from GTA
Santa Claus
Kirito
Asuka
Chewbacca
Darth Vader
Thanos
d.va
Doomguy
Various Political Figures
Solid Snake
Various Serial Killers from horror movies
Octodad
Picolos Cage
Gabe Newell
Pepe
Over 50 models that are Gangsters/Prisoners/Cops
(And those are only the characters I recognize)
L'In20Cible
Project Leader

Re: Could you get banned for this?

Postby L'In20Cible » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:28 pm

Afaik, the only assets restricted are the ones that you get from loot crates. Custom ones, or ones ported from other games should be fine.
DeaD_EyE

Re: Could you get banned for this?

Postby DeaD_EyE » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:37 pm

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... #dontoffer

What should not be offered on community servers?

If a server provides any of the following services we ask that you disable them:
  • Services allowing players to claim temporary ownership of CS:GO items that are not in their inventory (weapon skins, knives, etc.).
  • Services providing a falsified competitive skill group and/or profile rank status or scoreboard coin (Operation Challenge Coins).
  • Services that interfere with a player's ability to correctly access their CS:GO inventories, items, or profile.

It's only about destroying valves money machine.
If you stop Valve from earning money, they ban you.
But you can offer custom models/textures which aren't related to items from the store.

Return to “General Discussion”