*DELETED*

All other Source.Python topics and issues.
Sam

[Q] More... MORE!

Postby Sam » Mon May 25, 2020 3:44 pm

Is there a group in Steam or a Discord server for Source.Python?
Or should I create it all?
Last edited by Sam on Mon May 25, 2020 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Original post version
Speed0x

Re: [Q] More... MORE!

Postby Speed0x » Mon May 25, 2020 4:20 pm

if you create them i'll be the first to join, haha :)
Sam

Postby Sam » Mon May 25, 2020 5:11 pm

With Steam... I am late. https://steamcommunity.com/groups/sourcepython
I started creating partitions for discord server.

(UPDATED)
Steam: Source.Python # First start
Discord: Source.Python # First start

This is just the beginning. There will be changes in the future
Last edited by Sam on Mon May 25, 2020 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sam

Postby Sam » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:12 pm

***CENSORED***
Sooo... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
This will be a good advertisement for those who are not on the Discord server for Source.Python?
Last edited by Sam on Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ayuto
Project Leader

Postby Ayuto » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:54 am

Sam wrote:Screenshot_81.png
Sooo... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
This will be a good advertisement for those who are not on the Discord server for Source.Python?

No, this is not good advertisment for Source.Python. You are distributing illegally leaked code and that's not what Source.Python stands for. You should better keep your hands off that.

Before we get in trouble I would like to state that there is NO OFFICIAL Source.Python group. There are only the *.sourcepython.com websites.
Sam

Postby Sam » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:47 am

I know that the group, the server is unofficial (I wrote about this [From steam group: Not an official group Source.Python]), just some people need a quick answer and wait a few hours, days on the forum... Maybe good.
This group and server are created for reserve. They are tuned and ready to work for the benefit of SP. I have no one to transfer control over them. (If you need it. Join in, and I will gladly give you control)

The source code is rewritten and the only thing I did not do - Remove license and replace names.
Also most files have been added (cpp, dll...) on my behalf.
Last edited by Sam on Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
L'In20Cible
Project Leader

Postby L'In20Cible » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:17 pm

Sam wrote:just some people need a quick answer and wait a few hours, days on the forum... Maybe good.

Live chat support is generally a blessing in disguise. While it is awesome for the one asking support to get their problem resolved on the spot, it is usually a waste of time for the ones providing it as they will have to repeat themselves later when someone else having similar issues ask for the same thing, etc. Having questions centralized and indexed here on the forums will be helpful to others down the line. This is the main reason why I never offered help through Steam/PMs and always redirects such requests to be publicly posted here on the forums.
Sam

Postby Sam » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:21 pm

I am working on this, and in the future a bot will be created that will look for a solution on your forum and, if it finds it, will notify the user.
Progress will not stand still. :D
Last edited by Sam on Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Speed0x

Postby Speed0x » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:36 pm

i don't want google bots to read this
Last edited by Speed0x on Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ayuto
Project Leader

Postby Ayuto » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:39 pm

Speed0x wrote:its a great idea to centralize the Q&A and the forums should be used for that. but i wonder: that is exactly where you have so often missed the point..?? beginners waste less time in an informal conversation. a beginner can't use the same language or perfect questioning you seem to want him to speak for your personally prefered type of interaction.. just look around you, here in the forums you have many paragraphs of hidden misunderstandings like wrong assumptions, railing offs and even, which shows bad manners, attacks on "unclear words" from beginners, although they CAN'T even know better or phrase the question in your desired speech or technical terms. sometimes people just want to receive actual help, quick and often basic and not even worth being asked in the forums. let alone for the possibility of being misinterpreted and carried away until they have to explain why they didn't even ask the question for the reply they received on the question they have to over and overly clarify - because an experienced user was incapable or unwilling to read in context. and then, often, they don't even get an answer in the end, here. in voice chat you don't have these problems and these matters are resolved very quickly for those issues. nobody is even forced to join or give answers, like: what is your problem? even beginners can help other beginners in that way. and an additional communication channel also does'nt replace the forums. so what is your probleme here? i think the issue is that you realize how you have let down some of the users. because most other people are not antisocial like that. the forums may waste less time for you, and you may feed and wait on topics, bugfixes etc. you find interesting.. but beginners usually have other issues than that, and they don't profit... i think a public project should be transparent about the intentions and the rules for supports or guidance should be more visible... but i think i have said this somewhere before ... imagine all the time wasted for the OTHER people because of your behaviour... the dude you attacked and falsely accused is trying to be active and you act like he did something wrong or hosted something on sourcepythons servers or stated anything in your name etc....which is silly and false... silly and discouraging...
Well, that escalated quickly. I was just saying that illegally distributing leaked code is not a good advertisment for Source.Python. It's not what Source.Python stands for. Thus, I was just making a clear statement that we have nothing to do with it -- just to make sure we don't get in trouble, because that could be the death of a project like this and that would make me very sad thinking about the effort and time we and so many other people have put into Source.Python.

Don't get me wrong: I really like that Sam is active and tries to help Source.Python. It might be a good idea to have other channels like Discord or Steam as well. But I also see the disadvantages L'In20Cible pointed out. Of course, having those channels doesn't mean we need to need to offer support there. It's perfectly fine if the community helps each other and that's probably even the best scenario, because that would allow us concentrating on the actual development of SP. Nevertheless, it's another platform we would need to keep an eye on and personally I don't have the enegery to that.

Sam, I'm sorry that I didn't reply until now. In the past months I was mostly just in read-only mode and didn't have much time to reply. I like your commitment and I don't have anything against you hosting/administrating those channels. But they will stay unofficial. I'm really happy that you added a note that those channels are unofficial. Thank your for that!

Return to “General Discussion”