Any SP fix for CS:GO hint text styling?

All other Source.Python topics and issues.
Hymns For Disco

Any SP fix for CS:GO hint text styling?

Postby Hymns For Disco » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:41 pm

Some months ago, a CS:GO update broke the capability for styling hint text messages with HTML tags, which allowed styling the messages with font properties such as colors.

There is this fix plugin currently used by most servers https://github.com/Franc1sco/FixHintColorMessages

I am wondering if there is any source-python only fix for this issue. This plugin will fix messages for the server, but obviously requires Sourcemod to work. I may look into creating this myself in the future (if no one else has a working fix plugin), but I would just like to put this out there to see if anyone has made progress with this issue.
L'In20Cible
Project Leader

Re: Any SP fix for CS:GO hint text styling?

Postby L'In20Cible » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:32 am

Hymns For Disco wrote:Some months ago, a CS:GO update broke the capability for styling hint text messages with HTML tags, which allowed styling the messages with font properties such as colors.

There is this fix plugin currently used by most servers https://github.com/Franc1sco/FixHintColorMessages

I am wondering if there is any source-python only fix for this issue. This plugin will fix messages for the server, but obviously requires Sourcemod to work. I may look into creating this myself in the future (if no one else has a working fix plugin), but I would just like to put this out there to see if anyone has made progress with this issue.

I had no idea this was even possible in the first place. I don't think this is something that should be implemented directly into Source.Python because this seems to be more of a hack than a robust fix. However, after a quick look at the code you linked, I believe all tools required to build a plugin for that purpose are available so shouldn't be that hard to accomplish.

Return to “General Discussion”