Using CS:S Model Size in CS:GO

All other Source.Python topics and issues.
decompile

Re: Using CS:S Model Size in CS:GO

Postby decompile » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:28 pm

@D3CEPTION, All I can say is thats zero sense in fixing the maps itself, the map has been downloaded by TONS of people since 2013 when surf got popular, they would rather get map differs from server and get that annoying _vblabliblub at the end of the name.

I realy just want to fix the model size, I dont count any hitbox stats, its just objective side that players total size that you can get through objects like in CS:S 1:1
D3CEPTION

Postby D3CEPTION » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:05 am

i didnt expect you to copy this much stuff from others. i thought you had a choice of 450 maps or were making your own maps. in your case you dont even seem to have a choice .. so what about my first reaction: "why do you think css models arent working?" if you just want to copy the models, just use them? all relevant data is already set in the mdl files.. althought that depends on the big question if your ctrl+c und ctrl+v buttons are still working xD
iPlayer
Developer

Postby iPlayer » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:15 am

Meanwhile I'll mention model_scale attribute being set to value < 1, the player will be able to go through smaller areas.
Image /id/its_iPlayer
My plugins: Map Cycle • Killstreaker • DeadChat • Infinite Jumping • TripMines • AdPurge • Bot Damage • PLRBots • Entity AntiSpam

Hail, Companion. [...] Hands to yourself, sneak thief. Image
D3CEPTION

Postby D3CEPTION » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:53 am

@iplayer: you must have tested that in css? in csgo bones and their physics are not effected by changing modelscale.

btw if you want to use a bounding box, as L'In20Cible suggested, you have to first change the collision engine for the playermodel from vpyhsics to bounding box. L'In20Cible bounding box is even something different, its a bounding box used for raytracing. but even using and sizing the physical bounding box will never give you the geometrical effect you asked for. theres only one really usable other effect for this ( the exception of hitbox set size < hitbox hull size ), then upsizing the hull will ensure the whole hitbox set to be registered fully. but that would only matter in the reversed scenario ( using csgo models in css).
but in your case, using css model in csgo, using a bbox as collision, will completly replace your hitbox set, which you probably want to keep if you want players to accurately shoot each other.. in modes like hide and seek that might be no big deal.. but other than that you want to keep regular hitboxes.

@decomile
if you dont understand everything i say, just import your css models to csgo. once tested, you will see if there are any minor problems.
Doldol

Postby Doldol » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:06 pm

Why don't try and convert the base CSS player models to CSGO? Or edit some CSGO models to be the appropriate size?

Return to “General Discussion”