Issues getting SP to work with SM

All other Source.Python topics and issues.
Lasers

Issues getting SP to work with SM

Postby Lasers » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:51 pm

Hi guys ,
You might remember me from eventscrips as The Laser , sad its not supported anymore and I still use it but its buggy with some of my Python plugins , but this is my problem with this "good work btw guys" I run a windows server setup a BMS server with some SM plugins and they are working fine , installed SP and get a srcds crash not errors so if i remove all the 3rd party plugins in SM it fires up ... yes im using all the latest ver of all the mods , i can add only one or two plugins in SM but add more then that srcds crash , its not plugin related because i switched out many and same issue..
Meta v1.10.7
SM 1.8.0
SP BMS july 10
win10
thanks guys
L'In20Cible
Project Leader

Re: Issues getting SP to work with SM

Postby L'In20Cible » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:59 pm

Hey, welcome to our forums! :smile:

Could you try the patch proposed in issue #108 (loading SP after SM)?
Lasers

Postby Lasers » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:22 pm

L'In20Cible ,
Thanks for the welcome my friend...
If you mean adding in my autoexec "plugin_load "addons/source-python.dll" Yes tried that still get scrds has stopped working . unless im not doing this right please explain its a bit confusing .

thanks for the quick reply :)
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:24 pm

You should not be using the .dll in that call. Also, make sure you have removed the source-python.vdf file from your server, as well.
Lasers

Postby Lasers » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:33 pm

Hey satoon101 ,
Long time no chat ... Ok just tried that and yes i didnt have the .vdf in addons and removed the .dll in the line - same problem "scrds has stopped working Crashed
L'In20Cible
Project Leader

Postby L'In20Cible » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:36 pm

Does SP alone is loading fine? If so, what are the SM plugins in question?
Lasers

Postby Lasers » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:51 pm

L'In20Cible,
Like i said previously if i remove all the 3rd party ones it all works .. ill list the plagins but some are custom if I take them one at a time and put them in SM no probs at all so none of them on its own causes the crash its when more then 2 or 3 are loaded this happens ..
sm_downloder
health display
sm_cluster bombs
hypergeneration
sm_godclip
killer info display
Hook grab rope
hl2dm supported trails
spawn protect
healthkit on death
say sounds
sm gass
a few more ....
L'In20Cible
Project Leader

Postby L'In20Cible » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:01 pm

Possible to upload them somewhere? This will help debugging as this really makes no sense, and I doubt anyone will be able to help without reproducing the issue on their own.
Lasers

Postby Lasers » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:10 pm

BTW this is the same server i have used for years , not a rented server .. it runs HL2dm with over 18 weapons , wcs , and 138 plugins with no issues , also LFD2 , CSS starwars mod and Sven-coop
Lasers

Postby Lasers » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:18 pm

Well I cant see how thats going to help since the ones ive listed are on sourcemod and generic plugins ... what I would ask does anyone have the same sort of configuration and SP is working ? BMS , SM more then 4 or more plugins in SM and SP is working without crashes ??
Because when I look at the list of servers for BMS no one has many if any SM plugins running on there servers .... I just might be a BMS issue too since they dont follow many HL2dm coding rules Lol
L'In20Cible
Project Leader

Postby L'In20Cible » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:30 pm

That's going to help us trying to help you. I personally won't go search for those plugins you listed and install them one by one in order to try reproduce the issue and dig for a cause. Also, your list is incomplete (you mentionned "few more" and "custom ones"). The more info we have, the better we can help.

By the way, if there is really an issue into the game itself (which I doubt, I more think about an incomptability into memory management), I'm sure YNH will definitely be willing to help.
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:33 pm

I imagine that there is a specific SM plugin that could be causing the crash (in conjunction with SP being loaded). That is what L'In20Cible is getting at. Without being able to reproduce it on our end, there isn't much help we can be other than to guide you through the following painstaking process:

1. Remove ALL SM plugins and SP plugins. ONLY the base SM and SP installations should be installed on the server
  2. Start the server to see if it crashes
  3. If it doesn't crash, add exactly ONE SM plugin to the server and restart the server
  4. Repeat step 3 until you find one that causes a crash
  5. Once you find one, remove ALL SM plugins except that specific one and restart to verify that it still crashes
Lasers

Postby Lasers » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:49 pm

well even if i remove the custom ones it still crashes ... Its seems it doesn't like more then 2 or 3 plugins in SM at one time and you might be correct it could be a memory management issue , and btw i spoke with one of the BMS team and they said they know there are some multi player issues , like voice and flashlight are broken and it wont execute many extensions like Vphysics , config and a few other but they arnt going to be working on multi player until they update and release xen ..
Lasers

Postby Lasers » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:51 pm

satoon101, yes did that and it seems its not a particular plugin , its only if i load more then 2 of any combination ...and i have no plugins in SP

all the generic SM plugins that come with SM dont cause an issue btw its only if i add more 3rd party , if i load one at a time restart the server sp is fine with that add more crash , 3rd party only added
Last edited by Lasers on Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:56 pm

Could you zip up all the SM plugins you use and either attach it here or upload it to a file sharing site and link it here, please? I can look into this tonight after work, as I have a Windows BMS server that is update to date.
Lasers

Postby Lasers » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:59 pm

satoon101, i try might not be today since im DJing in SecondLife tonight and im on my way out for the day , thanks brother much appreciated

Return to “General Discussion”