Aug 2 - New Release!!

Official Announcements about Source.Python.
User avatar
satoon101
Project Leader
Posts: 2290
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:59 am

Aug 2 - New Release!!

Postby satoon101 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:02 am

A new release has just been posted. There have been a lot of changes since the last release almost a month ago. The highlights are as follows:

  • Implemented Left4Dead2 support!!

  • Implemented Pre-Event functionality and modified the Event decorator:
  • Made some changes to the exposed member function virtual hooking system and added more member functions that are able to be hooked
  • Exposed IServer functionality

  • Added setting player names with PlayerEntity.name

  • Fixed some errors and some crashes


For a full change log, look here:
https://github.com/Source-Python-Dev-Team/Source.Python/compare/37a0444...31d721f
Image
nullable
Senior Member
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:22 pm

Postby nullable » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:48 am

After update sourcepython:

Syntax: Select all

[Source.Python] Loading...
failed to dlopen /home/csgoserver/serverfiles/csgo/addons/source-python/bin/core.so error=/home/csgoserver/serverfiles/csgo/addons/source-python/bin/core.so: undefined symbol: _ZTI18INetChannelHandler
===========================================
[SP-LOADER] Could not load the /home/csgoserver/serverfiles/csgo/addons/source-python/bin/core.so!
===========================================
Failed to load plugin "addons/source-python"


How to fix it?
User avatar
Ayuto
Project Leader
Posts: 1543
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:17 am
Location: Germany

Postby Ayuto » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:49 pm

I have supplied a fix for that, so we just need to recompile CS:GO and the issue should be solved. https://github.com/alliedmodders/hl2sdk/pull/14
nullable
Senior Member
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:22 pm

Postby nullable » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:46 pm

Can you update this release or I need waiting next? :)
User avatar
satoon101
Project Leader
Posts: 2290
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:59 am

Postby satoon101 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:23 pm

I will update it tonight when I get home. Sorry about that, I didn't test all of the Linux builds to verify they loaded on the server. I will do that tonight before updating the release.
Image
User avatar
satoon101
Project Leader
Posts: 2290
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:59 am

Postby satoon101 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:10 am

Ok, it's updated. I included the updates from today in the release, as well. For the time being, I left out BMS, since there is an undefined symbol error with it on Linux we need to fix. Once that is fixed, I will add the BMS build to the release page.
Image
nullable
Senior Member
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:22 pm

Postby nullable » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:27 am

After update:

Syntax: Select all

[SP] Caught an Exception: 
Traceback (most recent call last):
File '../addons/source-python/packages/source-python/commands/manager.py', line 151, in __call__
return_value = callback(*args)
File '../addons/source-python/packages/source-python/plugins/command.py', line 217, in call_command
self[sub_command](*args)
File '../addons/source-python/packages/source-python/plugins/command.py', line 355, in reload_plugin
self.unload_plugin(plugin_name)
File '../addons/source-python/packages/source-python/plugins/command.py', line 333, in unload_plugin
del self.manager[plugin_name]
File '../addons/source-python/packages/source-python/plugins/manager.py', line 150, in __delitem__
self._remove_modules(plugin_name)
File '../addons/source-python/packages/source-python/plugins/manager.py', line 187, in _remove_modules
self._remove_module(module)
File '../addons/source-python/packages/source-python/plugins/manager.py', line 212, in _remove_module
instance._unload_instance()
File '../addons/source-python/packages/source-python/events/__init__.py', line 72, in _unload_instance
event_manager.unregister_for_event(event_name, self._callback)
File '../addons/source-python/packages/source-python/events/manager.py', line 75, in unregister_for_event
'Event '{0}' is not registered'.format(event_name))

ValueError: Event '<function cs_win_panel_match at 0xad726344>' is not registered


How to fix it?
nullable
Senior Member
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:22 pm

Postby nullable » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:53 am

nullable wrote:After update:

Syntax: Select all

[SP] Caught an Exception: 
Traceback (most recent call last):
File '../addons/source-python/packages/source-python/commands/manager.py', line 151, in __call__
return_value = callback(*args)
File '../addons/source-python/packages/source-python/plugins/command.py', line 217, in call_command
self[sub_command](*args)
File '../addons/source-python/packages/source-python/plugins/command.py', line 355, in reload_plugin
self.unload_plugin(plugin_name)
File '../addons/source-python/packages/source-python/plugins/command.py', line 333, in unload_plugin
del self.manager[plugin_name]
File '../addons/source-python/packages/source-python/plugins/manager.py', line 150, in __delitem__
self._remove_modules(plugin_name)
File '../addons/source-python/packages/source-python/plugins/manager.py', line 187, in _remove_modules
self._remove_module(module)
File '../addons/source-python/packages/source-python/plugins/manager.py', line 212, in _remove_module
instance._unload_instance()
File '../addons/source-python/packages/source-python/events/__init__.py', line 72, in _unload_instance
event_manager.unregister_for_event(event_name, self._callback)
File '../addons/source-python/packages/source-python/events/manager.py', line 75, in unregister_for_event
'Event '{0}' is not registered'.format(event_name))

ValueError: Event '<function cs_win_panel_match at 0xad726344>' is not registered


How to fix it?


As I understand all events are not working now.
User avatar
Ayuto
Project Leader
Posts: 1543
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:17 am
Location: Germany

Postby Ayuto » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:11 am

You need to update your plugin to use the new syntax for the Event decorator.

Syntax: Select all

from events import Event

@Event('player_spawn')
def player_spawn(event):
pass
nullable
Senior Member
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:22 pm

Postby nullable » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:45 am

In new version of plugin set player.name are not working:

Syntax: Select all

player.name = 'Test'

After change name the player is disconnect from server.

Is it possible to fix it?
User avatar
satoon101
Project Leader
Posts: 2290
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:59 am

Postby satoon101 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:17 pm

Updated the release to include BMS build.

nullable wrote:In new version of plugin set player.name are not working:
[PYTHON]player.name = 'Test'[/PYTHON]
After change name the player is disconnect from server.

Is it possible to fix it?

We'll have to look into why that is happening. For reference, what game are you testing with and what OS is the server on?
Image
nullable
Senior Member
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:22 pm

Postby nullable » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:00 pm

Game: CSGO
Server: Linux (Ubuntu)
Event: player_activate
User avatar
Ayuto
Project Leader
Posts: 1543
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:17 am
Location: Germany

Postby Ayuto » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:51 pm

Just tested CS:GO on Windows and Linux and was unable to reproduce the issue. Could you please post the script you were using?
User avatar
satoon101
Project Leader
Posts: 2290
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:59 am

Postby satoon101 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:06 pm

We just posted a new build. We realize that it has only been 6 days since the last build, and that there were only 10 commits since then. However, there were major changes to the EntityPreHook/EntityPostHook system that caused us to release this new build.
http://forums.sourcepython.com/showthread.php?904


Besides the entity hook changes, there were also speed improvements done in the get_key_value_<type> methods. For a full rundown of the latest 10 updates, see here:
https://github.com/Source-Python-Dev-Team/Source.Python/compare/31d721f...7c159ad


As always, you can find the releases here:
https://github.com/Source-Python-Dev-Team/Source.Python/releases
Image
Kakkoii
Junior Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: USA

Postby Kakkoii » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:20 pm

Hello, I've been looking around Source.Python, however I am unable to find a list of game that are supported. I was wondering if the game Blade Symphonyis supported?
User avatar
satoon101
Project Leader
Posts: 2290
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:59 am

Postby satoon101 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:36 pm

Hello, and welcome :) Unfortunately, we do not have support for Blade Symphony at this time. We can look to add support, though. If/when we do, we would certainly appreciate your help with game specific data, especially weapons.

The currently supported games are:
  • BlackMesa
  • Counter-Strike: Source
  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  • Day of Defeat: Source
  • Half-Life 2 (and the episodes)
  • Half-Life 2: DeathMatch
  • Left4Dead 2
  • Portal (not Portal 2, yet)
  • Team Fortress 2
Image
Kakkoii
Junior Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: USA

Postby Kakkoii » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:55 pm

I will help as much as I can. Currently I am in the process of learning Python, I look forward to seeing it get support.
Mahi
Senior Member
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:39 pm
Location: Finland

Postby Mahi » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:14 am

Kakkoii wrote:I will help as much as I can. Currently I am in the process of learning Python, I look forward to seeing it get support.
Are you, by any chance, from r/learnpython? :D
Kakkoii
Junior Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: USA

Postby Kakkoii » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:03 pm

Mahi wrote:
Kakkoii wrote:I will help as much as I can. Currently I am in the process of learning Python, I look forward to seeing it get support.
Are you, by any chance, from r/learnpython? :D

No I was looking around SourceMod and was considering learning C for SourcePawn, but I'd rather start with an OOP language to then learn C++.
Mahi
Senior Member
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:39 pm
Location: Finland

Postby Mahi » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:05 pm

Kakkoii wrote:
Mahi wrote:
Kakkoii wrote:I will help as much as I can. Currently I am in the process of learning Python, I look forward to seeing it get support.
Are you, by any chance, from r/learnpython? :D

No I was looking around SourceMod and was considering learning C for SourcePawn, but I'd rather start with an OOP language to then learn C++.
Ah, I just met someone with really similar name on r/learnpython, talking about CS:GO programming with Python :D But welcome to the forums, I promise you won't regret choosing SP over SM, Python is just so much more awesome.

Return to “News & Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest