[CSGO] server crash - howto analyse?

Please post any questions about developing your plugin here. Please use the search function before posting!
kalle

[CSGO] server crash - howto analyse?

Postby kalle » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:22 am

Hey guys,

I got another problem. Most problems I could solve on my own but not this one. First of all source code isn't publically available yet. If you need it for help I could send it to you. I will release it later on on github but for now it's only a private testing thing at all. My CSGO server keeps crashing sometimes without any clue or error message from sourcepython itself (nothing shown in the console) but CSGO created a crash dump (
crashdumps.zip
(101.67 KiB) Downloaded 358 times
).

Can someone help me on how to analyse this crash dump at all? Because I think it's some kind of logical error in my source code because of accessing a variable at two places at the same time. Normally I should have figured out all possible mistakes but I'm still missing something.
L'In20Cible
Project Leader

Re: [CSGO] server crash - howto analyse?

Postby L'In20Cible » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:39 am

The other day, my car was making some weird noises so I went to the garage. Once there, the mechanic asked me where my car was so he could examine it but I told him I didn't want anyone to see it so I left it at home and guess what? He was unable to help me!
Ayuto
Project Leader

Postby Ayuto » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:10 pm

I absolutely agree with L'In20Cible. Please show us your code. Also, since you are testing on Linux please add -debug to your command line and post the resulting debug.log.
iPlayer
Developer

Postby iPlayer » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:15 pm

Since you said you could send the code privately, first thing you should've done is sending your code to L'In20Cible to avoid his garage story :)
Image /id/its_iPlayer
My plugins: Map Cycle • Killstreaker • DeadChat • Infinite Jumping • TripMines • AdPurge • Bot Damage • PLRBots • Entity AntiSpam

Hail, Companion. [...] Hands to yourself, sneak thief. Image
kalle

Postby kalle » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:24 am

Hey,

thanks for the answers ^^. And yes I've made the source publically available. Isn't very good at all but it's working quite well for now. I also could figure out what my problem was: the csgo server seems to crash if some variable will get used twice at the same time (written) so I decided to use Lock() to prevent that.

Anyway: is there any possibility to analyse these crash files at all?

Sourcecode: https://github.com/Kandru/conquest-go
Ayuto
Project Leader

Postby Ayuto » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:22 pm

Forget about the crash dumps and take a look at the debug.log. It contains all the info you need.
kalle

Postby kalle » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:02 pm

okay thanks for that.

Return to “Plugin Development Support”