SourcePython and Windows 10 seems to not work well

All other Source.Python topics and issues.
Doldol

SourcePython and Windows 10 seems to not work well

Postby Doldol » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:11 pm

I recently upgraded the PC running my local test server to Windows 10.
The SP version I'm using I compiled on that same PC with VC 2010 from the master branch under a week ago.

I seem to be running into all kinds of issues, using a SayCommand or PreEvent crashes the server (haven't tested much other stuff), I haven't looked into it much but it doesn't display a visible error to console or any error message at all, I have to say I now also experience a lag spike every 5 seconds with or without SP installed.

I kind of find it odd that I'm running into all of these issues (Never had an issue going from XP to Vista to 7 to 8/8.1. Or on Linux). If anyone is experiencing the same issues please let me know, I'll try to run with some debug options whenever I find the time.
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:25 am

I just got my Win10 update notice when I logged on tonight. Unfortunately, I don't have my backup system to the point I would want it before making this change. Hopefully I get some time this weekend to work on that and get this system updated. Until then, I cannot test anything when it comes to Win10.
Doldol

Postby Doldol » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:47 pm

Well CSGO seems to work without issue so far, but the issues remain on CSS.
I've tried to run with developer and logging CVars fully enabled, but it doesn't seem to dump any error messages whatsoever.

Return to “General Discussion”