Unable to load sourcepython.

All other Source.Python topics and issues.
Nomy

Unable to load sourcepython.

Postby Nomy » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:15 pm

Hey guys,
I'm having problems loading SP.

Server Console prints this during startup:

Plugins: found file "source-python.vdf"
Unable to load plugin "addons/source-python"

I'm using the release tagged 17 Jan.
CS:GO Windows Server
stonedegg

Postby stonedegg » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:15 am

Doublecheck if everything is correctly uploaded to your server
Nomy

Postby Nomy » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:14 am

I have double checked and also reuploaded just in case it was a bad download.
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:40 am

Is that all the server console says? There should be a lot more to it than that, unless you didn't upload the ../addons/source-python.dll file.

There was a CS:GO update in the last couple days, but I just checked and it still loads fine for me.
L'In20Cible
Project Leader

Postby L'In20Cible » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:46 am

Make sure auth users can read the loader (source-python.dll), as well.
Nomy

Postby Nomy » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:41 am

satoon101 wrote:Is that all the server console says? There should be a lot more to it than that, unless you didn't upload the ../addons/source-python.dll file.

There was a CS:GO update in the last couple days, but I just checked and it still loads fine for me.

There is nothing else from SP. Just that. I had redownloaded the server files just to check SP on vanilla. But same problem occurs.

Code: Select all

Failed to load gamerulescvars.txtgame rules cvars might not be reported to management tools.
Server is hibernating
No web api auth key specified 
workshop downloads will be disabled.
CResponseSystem:  scripts\talker\response_rules.txt (1445 rules476 criteria, and 1279 responses)
Pluginsfound file "source-python.vdf"
Unable to load plugin "addons/source-python"
maxplayers set to 64
Heap
256.00 Mb
Trying cache 
:  'c:/csgo/csgo/maps/soundcache/_master.cache'
Successfully loaded audio cache file
8 CPUs 
(4 physical), Frequency3.4 Ghz,  FeaturesGenuineIntel SSE SSE2 MMX RDTSC CMOV FCMOV
Execing config
valve.rc
execing valve
.rc
Execing config
: default.cfg
execing 
default.cfg

L'In20Cible wrote:Make sure auth users can read the loader (source-python.dll), as well.

I had checked file permission on the source-python.dll and it looks fine. Its not being blocked. The user can read + execute.
Metamod Source loads fine.

Edit: I think the SP loader file is too small? 14KB?
I had older SP file laying around that crashes the server but at least it says its loading. File size: 240KB
[Source.Python] Loading...
[SP-LOADER] Could not load library: _engines/plat-win/msvcr100d.dll
stonedegg

Postby stonedegg » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:15 pm

Mine is 14kb as well and it loads fine.
Ayuto
Project Leader

Postby Ayuto » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:21 pm

Why should it be too small? The loader only consists of this file. https://github.com/Source-Python-Dev-Team/Source.Python/blob/master/src/loader/loader_main.cpp

However, could you please add

+developer 1 -condebug
to your command line. This will write some more information to ../csgo/console.log.
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:27 pm

I don't remember the loader ever being larger than 14kb. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain it has always only consisted of that one file, which has had only minor changes. I'm not sure where you found one that is 240kb.

I think that the "Plugins: found file" line will only show up if developer is set to at least 1. The fact that [Source.Python] Loading... isn't showing up means that the loader is absolutely not being executed. I have no idea why this would be unless the file doesn't exist.
L'In20Cible
Project Leader

Postby L'In20Cible » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:45 pm

I'd like to say that I'm getting the exact same logs when trying to load the orangebox build on csgo. Make sure you are using the right build:

https://github.com/Source-Python-Dev-Team/Source.Python/releases
Nomy

Postby Nomy » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:55 pm

Ayuto wrote:Why should it be too small? The loader only consists of this file. https://github.com/Source-Python-Dev-Team/Source.Python/blob/master/src/loader/loader_main.cpp

However, could you please add

+developer 1 -condebug
to your command line. This will write some more information to ../csgo/console.log.

Here is the full log: http://pastebin.com/yb1AWd1Z

satoon101 wrote:I don't remember the loader ever being larger than 14kb. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain it has always only consisted of that one file, which has had only minor changes. I'm not sure where you found one that is 240kb.

I think that the "Plugins: found file" line will only show up if developer is set to at least 1. The fact that [Source.Python] Loading... isn't showing up means that the loader is absolutely not being executed. I have no idea why this would be unless the file doesn't exist.

I found in old CSGO server files, I could share the files if you want. Its probably really old build.

I am sure the files are in right folders. I am extracting the package into csgo folder so it cant be wrong. I check if source-python.dll is extracted into addons folder and it has.

L'In20Cible wrote:I'd like to say that I'm getting the exact same logs when trying to load the orangebox build on csgo. Make sure you are using the right build:

https://github.com/Source-Python-Dev-Team/Source.Python/releases

I have tried both csgo and orangebox versions on csgo server at this point. Both doesn't load for me. Gives the same log.
Ayuto
Project Leader

Postby Ayuto » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:23 pm

My guess is that your 240KB loader was built in debug mode. But I don't think we have ever released a debug build.

Could you please disable Metamod and every other server plugin. I'm also surprised that there are no loading messages from Metamod. I thought it would also print something to the console.
L'In20Cible
Project Leader

Postby L'In20Cible » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:32 pm

Nomy wrote:Edit: I think the SP loader file is too small? 14KB?
I had older SP file laying around that crashes the server but at least it says its loading. File size: 240KB
[Source.Python] Loading...
[SP-LOADER] Could not load library: _engines/plat-win/msvcr100d.dll
Ayuto is right, that's because you are comparing the size of a debug build with a release one. Note the trailing "d" here (msvcr100d.dll) which denote a debug library.

Ayuto wrote:Could you please disable Metamod and every other server plugin. I'm also surprised that there are no loading messages from Metamod. I thought it would also print something to the console.

I think he already uninstalled it. At least, this is what I understood when he said he was now testing on a vanilla server. The lack of "[Source.Python] Loading..." message means the loader itself is not even "trying" to load which still point to a rights issue in my mind.
Nomy

Postby Nomy » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:37 pm

Probably is a debug build, I remember there was difference in developers back then. I think you weren't the project leader and l'in20cible too back then. Cant remember if satoon was the project leader, probably was... or probably had a green name on forum.
Here incase anyone want to look at the old version :P
https://mega.co.nz/#!WJZUgBTa!6If48dZec ... bASUOxTL7I

I'm testing this on vanilla freshly downloaded csgo server without any addons on it. Just SP.
I was trying loading SP on different server before and everything else worked sm, metamod...

This is on Windows Server 2008 R2. Are you guys testing on windows too?
Nomy

Postby Nomy » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:54 pm

L'In20Cible wrote:Ayuto is right, that's because you are comparing the size of a debug build with a release one. Note the trailing "d" here (msvcr100d.dll) which denote a debug library.

Ayuto wrote:Could you please disable Metamod and every other server plugin. I'm also surprised that there are no loading messages from Metamod. I thought it would also print something to the console.

I think he already uninstalled it. At least, this is what I understood when he said he was now testing on a vanilla server. The lack of "[Source.Python] Loading..." message means the loader itself is not even "trying" to load which still point to a rights issue in my mind.

The permissions look alright:

C:\CSGO\csgo\addons>icacls source-python.dll
source
-python.dll NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM :( I)(F)

BUILTIN\Administrators :( I)(F)

BUILTIN\Users :( I)(RX)

HS3\root :( I)(F)

Successfully processed 1 filesFailed processing 0 files

C
:\CSGO\csgo\addons
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:26 am

Nomy wrote:Probably is a debug build, I remember there was difference in developers back then. I think you weren't the project leader and l'in20cible too back then. Cant remember if satoon was the project leader, probably was... or probably had a green name on forum.
Here incase anyone want to look at the old version :P
https://mega.co.nz/#!WJZUgBTa!6If48dZec ... bASUOxTL7I

I'm testing this on vanilla freshly downloaded csgo server without any addons on it. Just SP.
I was trying loading SP on different server before and everything else worked sm, metamod...

This is on Windows Server 2008 R2. Are you guys testing on windows too?

When the project started, ynh and I were the project leaders and Ashbash was added soon after. Come to think of it, I vaguely remember we always posted debug builds in the beginning. Obviously a lot has changed, so those won't work anymore. I am testing on Windows 7 but don't have a Windows Server 2008 to test on. I wouldn't think there would be an issue due to that, but if every other possibility is exhausted, maybe there is.
Nomy

Postby Nomy » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:05 am

I just tested it on my desktop Win7 and it loaded fine. Are there any dependencies the server should have?

@Stonedegg What Windows OS do you use?

Edit: Fixed by installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555

Thanks for all the help guys!
L'In20Cible
Project Leader

Postby L'In20Cible » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:18 pm

Nomy wrote:Edit: Fixed by installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555

Ah, makes sense if you are running on x64. I'm disgusted by the lack of info given by the engine when attempting to load fails... I wonder if this is logged by the Event Viewer... Oh well, thanks for sharing the solution, I'm sure this will helps someone in the future. :)
Nomy

Postby Nomy » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:49 pm

I just checked Event Viewer and didn't find any events about it.

I think the biggest hint was the loading on debug build throwing msvc lib loading error.

Windows Server 2008 R2 only comes in x64. And I had x64 version of microsoft visual c++ runtimes installed for another program. It gave an error dialog saying "side by side configuration is incorrect" without it.
But yea the engine should provide more info for not loading. It was almost as if the plugin file was invisible to the engine.

Anyone knows why it didn't use the msvc runtime files that are in csgo\addons\source-python\Python3\plat-win ?
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:30 pm

Nomy wrote:Anyone knows why it didn't use the msvc runtime files that are in csgo\addons\source-python\Python3\plat-win ?

Perhaps we need to verify the full path after this line to make sure it is the correct value:
https://github.com/Source-Python-Dev-Team/Source.Python/blob/master/src/loader/loader_main.cpp#L89

Return to “General Discussion”