I can't seem to find installation files ? :/

All other Source.Python topics and issues.
Tuck
Global Moderator

I can't seem to find installation files ? :/

Postby Tuck » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:53 am

Well i can't seem to find the installation files, the wiki ain't to much help since it's not completed yet so it would be awesome if somebody could point me in the right direction :)
-Tuck
Omega_K2

Postby Omega_K2 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:21 pm

Download the source code & compile it yourself; then copy over the stuff to your server.
Tuck
Global Moderator

Postby Tuck » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:57 pm

What compiler did you use ? :)
-Tuck
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:33 pm

It looks like Omega has been working on a Wiki page for this, but it isn't finished yet.

Here is a quick guide (with less info than the Wiki will end up having) that will hopefully get you up and going. If you have questions, feel free to ask:

Install:
  • Right click on your desktop and select TortoiseHG->Clone...
  • In the "Source" box, put https://code.google.com/p/source-python
  • In the "Destination" box, add a folder to the end of the path (I used Source.Python)
  • Once you have both the Source and Destination set, click "Clone"
  • After all files have been downloaded, open the Destination folder, and navigate to the "src" folder
  • Double-click the configure-csgo.bat file
      This will create a lot of new files/folders in the src directory
  • Open the newly created source-python.sln file with Visual C++ 2010 Express
  • Hit F-7 to compile
    • You can change the build type from Debug to Release by selecting the drop-down menu on the Standard toolbar
    • If you do not see the standard toolbar, right click on a toolbar at the top of the window and make sure "Standard" is checked
  • Now, all of the files you need will have been created
  • Go back to the main folder (with addons, cfg, logs, resource, and src folders in it)
  • Copy the "addons", "cfg", "logs", and "resource" directories and paste them on your server
  • Go back into the "src" directory and navigate to the "Debug" directory
    • If you changed to build under Release, navigate to that folder instead
  • There will be 2 .dll files in this directory (core.dll and source-python.dll)
  • Copy the source-python.dll file to your server's ../addons/ directory
  • Copy the core.dll file to your server's ../addons/source-python/_core/ directory
Anytime a new build is needed (which is only if the src directory has updates), you will need to compile again. To update, right click on the folder you installed the clone to, and select TortoiseHG Workbench. Inside the Workbench, click the Pull incoming changes from selected URL button (the one with 2 yellow objects and a big green arrow pointing down and to the left).

Satoon
Tuck
Global Moderator

Postby Tuck » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:03 pm

Have anybody seen this problem before? :
"cmake" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I've installed cmake and can open the cmake gui and such, even restarted my system, I think it's because my computer is 64bit but im not sure i would appriciate any help i can get on this :)
-Tuck
Omega_K2

Postby Omega_K2 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:18 pm

you need to add cmake binary folder to your system's path variable (in control panel -> system -> advanced -> advanced -> envrionment variables)
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:22 pm

This would have been an option when installing CMake. I'll add that to my quick tutorial.

Satoon
Tuck
Global Moderator

Postby Tuck » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:44 pm

satoon101 wrote:This would have been an option when installing CMake. I'll add that to my quick tutorial.

Satoon

Oh, my bad though default install was the way to go :P, got it working now thanks :)
-Tuck

Return to “General Discussion”