SP crashing on linux?

All other Source.Python topics and issues.
burnSTATION

Re: SP crashing on linux?

Postby burnSTATION » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:30 am

Other than Python27 (which is a requirement for yum) i havent installed any other python related packages, just trying to figure out what lib32z1 is providing for debian, so i can get the same for CentOS
burnSTATION

Postby burnSTATION » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:36 am

La Muerte wrote:I'm able to run SP just fine on CentOS7,

although it didn't work for me on CentOS6 due to glibc being on a too old version which isn't supported by SP.

Have you installed any specific libraries that i havent mentioned? Heavily interested on your installation and how it differs from mine
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:32 pm

burnSTATION wrote:console.log has the same content within it.

Then you didn't make the correct modification. In the previous version, where there were 2 arguments for echo_console, it printed that it failed but did not give the reason. Not only that, but it also actually fully failed and unloaded SP, which will not happen with the try/except unless there is an error in the except block. There was, when there were 2 arguments for echo_console. Fixing that, so that there is only 1 argument will eliminate the possibility that SP will end up failing despite the try/except, and will print the second message to console.

L'In20Cible wrote:I'm not too sure about the permission, since he get an ImportError, which is confusing. Did you install Python on that VM? If so, it may conflict trying to import something from there for the same reasons as this: http://wiki.sourcepython.com/general/known-issues.html

Well, you could also get an ImportError if the ../addons/source-python/Python3 and/or ../addons/source-python/packages/site-packages directories don't have the correct permissions.
La Muerte
Administrator

Postby La Muerte » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:19 pm

Have you tested if it works with Setenforce 0 ?
burnSTATION

Postby burnSTATION » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:49 am

satoon101 wrote:...if the ../addons/source-python/Python3 and/or ../addons/source-python/packages/site-packages directories don't have the correct permissions.

What permissions should they have? I'm currently giving rwx to the owner of those directories, which I built as root user, in the opt directory, which root owns, and I'm running srcds as root user. This is why I don't believe its a permissions issue. I think changing SELinux mode, as La Meurte suggested, might actually be a good idea and I will get back on the results of that ASAP. I dont see my VM on AWS console anymore and I don't remember deleting it when I was last working on this, so I will be starting over from scratch yet again (yay)
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:35 am

Could you at least make this change and verify what the issue is?
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1294&start=20#p8605

Otherwise we're just guessing in the dark here. Though, again, you have access to the server's console. So, even when they were print statements instead of echo_console, you should have been able to just look at the console to see the statements that were printed without even having to use the console.log file.

Return to “General Discussion”